No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or an M Coupe (the only Beemer I'd like to try).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Pretty ugly from the back though....
      Just the back?

Only thing I've thought of so far is a Brera.

Comment

Had a Brera, loved the styling of that car

Comment

Scirocco R Colin?

Comment

Scirocco is a possible, probably not an R though, not thinking of spending that much. What model was yours again?

Comment

2.0 TSI 210 BHP

More than enough fun to be had with that engine and doesn't look like a boy racer mobile, a really well balanced car.
              Last edited by Neil; 23-12-2014, 19:25.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Nice car, Adam. Lovely shade of blue too. Bet it is easy to drive.
                It's nice to drive , not dissimilar to the golf I had before.

I was a little concerned about how the CVT gearbox would be coming straight from the DSG (which is considered to be the best) but it's been ok so far, the default setting feels like it has a little lag when you out you foot done, but when you are in Sport mode it's super close in terms of responsiveness.

It's really weird not hearing a shift or seeing the revs drop as the clutch kicks in.
                As it's taken like 10 months to come I've had plenty of time to make sure it was right for me as I could have cancelled it, fortunately the positive reviews and awards have just solidified that I've made the right ch

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Makes me wonder how far off we are from cars that just drive themselves, what a boring world that will be.

I'm thinking about replacing my workhorse estate car with something new, something hatchback size which is fun to drive but doesn't make me look like a bell end driving it aged 40. Can't really think of what to get though.
                  The new Golf R is meant to be amazing, 300 brake,0-60 in 4.9secs, 4 wheel drive so it handles like a dream. Fairly Golfy to look at too, so nobody is going to cast any aspertions about you either.

Comment

Pistonheads rate the GTi Performance over the R in terms of driveability.

Comment

Not looking to spend that sort of money anyway guys, I'm sure the Golf R is something like ?30k? Maybe ?10-15k max for a daily driver. Doesn't have to be high performance, I have the Vantage for that, just fun with a good spec.

Comment

How about a VW CC, formerly Passat CC, as a daily driver. Usually pretty well specced, easy on the eyes and spacious. Maybe not the last word in handling but more fun than you might expect given its repmobile underpinnings. 2.0 170bhp diesel gives you a reasonable combintaion of economy to poke.

Comment

Does it have to be new? If not, you could get a RenaultSport. Big enough inside and sticks to the road and looks good (I think). It needs a gentle turn in in the rain (as I found out at Silverstone, ooops), otherwise it just understeers, but in the dry, it's a joy.

Comment

Absolutely not, I doubt I would ever buy a car brand new again! I did look at those Renaults last night as they get great write ups, I'm just not sold on the way they look.

Comment

They look a bit er... forced? Like there's space they have just chopped out for hell of it
                              A friend that used to have one loved it, but now has one of those AMG mini-mercs with 360bhp option. And a Lotus 340R. And a Ferrari.

Comment

Went for a beer with my old boss last night. He's got a lovely little 2 litre MX5 but is also now into bikes and has one of these:

A triumph rocket 3. Bigger engine than my car

Comment

Working...
                                X