Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Nice lists. Mine is awful:

Mk 1 Cavalier
    MG Metro
    An Astra, no idea what mk, probably a 3
    Focus I think
    Mk 1 Discovery
    Renault Grand Scenic (worst car I've ever owned)
    Another Focus
    GT86

Both Focus' were great little cars. Very reliable as mentioned.

That's a short list for a 45 year old I think.
    And a half! I'm 29 and my list is similar lol! I had to google GT86 lol - I'm rubbish with car knowledge!

Comment

I'm surprised anyone would want a french car.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        I'm surprised anyone would want a french car.
        Not driven them then?
        I've owned a couple as you can see & I never understood the hate for them.
        Sure the plastics were cheap but being as they were driver focused they were great cars.
        I loved them all & if you lined all 3 up in front of me again I would be seriously hard pushed to pick my fave out of them, I really, really loved them all & miss them equally

Comment

Have you driven any really decent smaller spec drivers cars though? Something like a DC2?

Comment

Although I do like the 205 1.9 GTI.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Have you driven any really decent smaller spec drivers cars though? Something like a DC2?
              No unfortunately not although I did have an FTO for a fortnight while a friend was on holiday & it was pretty sweet, but I've always been a hot hatch fan & I think the French did do them really well back in the day (still do with the Clio & Megane)

It's just personal taste really & yes I'd definitely buy another.

Comment

Modern Audis (and German cars in general) are such ten a penny cars on our roads these days that I don't give them a second glance. Well, apart from when they're right up my arse on the motorway, as the technology in them seems to make it safe for them to be driven six inches off my rear bumper. On the whole they're generally driven by cocks as they have become the rep badge of choice. Build quality is a myth too, pretty much all of the German brands have major issues that they do well to sweep under the carpet. Personally, I would never even consider another panzerwagon in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Modern Audis (and German cars in general) are such ten a penny cars on our roads these days that I don't give them a second glance. Well, apart from when they're right up my arse on the motorway, as the technology in them seems to make it safe for them to be driven six inches off my rear bumper. On the whole they're generally driven by cocks as they have become the rep badge of choice. Build quality is a myth too, pretty much all of the German brands have major issues that they do well to sweep under the carpet. Personally, I would never even consider another panzerwagon in the garage.
                  I still covet a fast Audi I always have I can't explain it but just something about them is appealing to me.

It's probably mostly down to the fact that I will NEVER have enough money to ever buy one so they are up there with any supercar as an unobtainable dream.

My fast cars these days will most like be a (well) used Skoda Octavia VRS TDI or Seat Leon FR TDI past that there is precious little that I really like the look of.

Maybe if I switch jobs at the end of the year like I hope to I'll look at one of them.

Neil

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the B7 RS4 (I did buy one) but had to sell it as Audi were incapable of resolving the engine management issue it had. Add in to that the coking issues on their V8 engines which were installed, and the massively expensive suspension costs as the dampers always go pop and you see what I mean about the bull**** build quality reputation. And that wasn't just my car, they're all pretty standard faults on those models. That said though, it was for me the last genuine brilliant looking car they made.

Comment

Again, older German cars are more suited to my preferences.

Comment

Now that's an awesome Audi.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the B7 RS4 (I did buy one) but had to sell it as Audi were incapable of resolving the engine management issue it had. Add in to that the coking issues on their V8 engines which were installed, and the massively expensive suspension costs as the dampers always go pop and you see what I mean about the bull**** build quality reputation. And that wasn't just my car, they're all pretty standard faults on those models. That said though, it was for me the last genuine brilliant looking car they made.
                          I think the RS4 is up there as my dream saloon of all time...it just ticks all the boxes for me but jebus if those don't sound like a serious amount of issues.
                          I dread to think how long you were without the car for them to dick about with those problems.

Comment

Why thank you sir. I've never had any issues with my cars either!

Comment

Don't worry, according to that my Mum is a cock too! lol

Comment

My car list:

Peugeot 207 1.4 Sportium.

Yeah!!

Comment

Working...
                                X