No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could use cable ties for a cheap option or attach it to the frame with self tappers. If it isn't a good fit you could make some wee brackets.

Comment

New Tesla literally has an "insane" mode. It's actually called that.
      0-60 in 3.16s

Comment

Quick question if abyone can answer it:

I'm thinking of buying a 2007 Audi A3 with 47k miles on it from a bloke at my work for 5 grand. I know the cars good with no problems but does that price seem ok? I know it's not a steal but I'm looking for a decent car that will last me a little while.

Any advice welcome.

oh, it's a diesel.

Comment

The only real thing that has going for it is the low mileage, which is VERY low got such an old car. I don't think that is such a huge factor in how long a car is likely to last as it once was.

I'd expect that to be a really well specced model or I think you could probably spend you money on something wiser.

Comment

Like what? I'm not that savvy when it comes to cars. I just want a decent enough car for around 4k (or less if possible).

looked at fiestas because they're cheap then polos but I'm still none the wiser.

Mum going to start a new thread on this rather than ruin this thread with my clueless bollocks.
            Last edited by boxhead; 03-02-2015, 18:42.

Comment

Maybe find out more information about the car, exactly which model of A3 is it, what trim level, what extras.

I've just been looking through auto-trader and it seems like that is actually a pretty reasonable price for a car of that age, most of the other ones on there have 3x the mileage at that price.
              Last edited by EvilBoris; 03-02-2015, 18:59.

Comment

Ok, here we go. Everyone has to post a picture of a car that makes them a little more excited than they should be. Maybe this manifests in a leap of the heart, or just a thought of "I must have one" or brings a big smile.

It can't be one you already own.

Obviously there are going to be some odd choices with everyone having different tastes and I'm pretty sure no one is going to like mine except me, but to kick things off, I've upgraded my dream-car to this outrageous GT-R

Comment

This is the only car I've desperately wanted to own, but have never pulled the trigger due to the many, many manufacturer reliability issues. The TVR Sagaris. They've skyrocketed in price the last few years which isnt the issue, I've been able to afford one for a good while now, but buying a car and then being landed with the all too often ?6-7k engine rebuild isn't appealing. All these years on its still an outrageous design though.

Comment

I've always loved the look of TVR, especially the Tuscan. The Sagaris always seemed like a beefed up Tuscan with front wings designed by a bloke with an axe.

Comment

Alfa Romeo 8C

Comment

A Lamborghini of some kind

Probably a yellow or orange one though

Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-02-2015, 21:31.

Comment

Megatron hasn't disguised himself very well.

Comment

That has to be a concept car, right? Ridiculous.

For me:

The star of my favourite anime and a car that would be completely overlooked by most people.

*contains spoilers

Comment

Speedlolita, got ?11k handy? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...le-now/3315073

Comment

That is beautiful. Bit rich for me though!

Comment

Working...
                                X