No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a key? I wouldn't worry too much about where you get it done, just that it'll cost ?250

Comment

Yeah - I'm prepared for the cost - I read that you needed a BMW rep to programme it though. All this new fangled technology is very expensive compared to the simplicity of put key in ignition - turn.

Comment

You say that but I'm sure it cost ?90 to get a replacement key for the missus Peugeot ten years ago, due to the immoboliser chip etc.

Comment

It was ?175 for me to get a new key for my simple Mitsubishi colt like 7 years ago. It was about ?75 for the key and ?120 for labour to program it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            It was ?175 for me to get a new key for my simple Mitsubishi colt like 7 years ago. It was about ?75 for the key and ?120 for labour to program it.
            By "labour" you mean "press button on laptop"?

Comment

In need of some car buying advice lads. I'm going to be needing a little runabout for commuting from August onwards, have a ?3k budget and currently heavily leaning towards an Audi A3. But was wondering if theres any other similar 3 doors I might be overlooking?

Comment

VW Golf? Same car underneath but cheaper to buy. SEAT Leon? Same chassis and engines as the Golf and A3 likely cheaper again.
                That's the obvious A3 a-likes. You may find a Mazda 3 or Honda Civic for a good price. Naff interiors in those two though.
                The three door Astra is a good looking motor and fairly inexpensive.
                Last edited by CMcK; 13-04-2015, 18:27.

Comment

Finally in the market for a sporty car and it's stressful already! Looking at a Toyota Celica T Sport but all the cars I like are getting so much older. Mileage is an issue. Most are 100k minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Finally in the market for a sporty car and it's stressful already! Looking at a Toyota Celica T Sport but all the cars I like are getting so much older. Mileage is an issue. Most are 100k minimum.
                    This is the problem I have these days.

Newer cars in my price range all look boring but all the older cars I like are just huge mileage & I worry about problems with them...not to say my Golf isn't riddled with issues as it is but you have to think buying around it's age or older again ('56 plate) isn't going to do me any favours.

My mate had a T-Sport Celica some years ago & loved it for what it's worth.

Neil

Comment

What's the budget?

Comment

About 2K. Found a nice 2004 in Southend. 100k with a year mot. Looks like an aftermarket exhaust though.

Comment

About 2K. Found a nice 2004 in Southend. 100k with a year mot. Looks like an aftermarket exhaust though.
                          Well if you want to view it you can come visit for a bit

After Market exhaust wouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

I take it something like an RX8 would be out the question...can get them stupid cheap these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            I take it something like an RX8 would be out the question...can get them stupid cheap these days?
                            That's because the engine breaks after 50k.

Comment

RX8 both ugly and crap engine.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                That's because the engine breaks after 50k.
                                Only if your like 90% of the owners & don't look after them properly

People like Martin would know exactly what to do with them...however based on his comment below I guess he'll pass lol

RX8 both ugly and crap engine.
                                I know they aren't for everyone but I always quite liked them.

Are we considering Jpn Coupe only?

Comment

Working...
                                X