No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, where I'm at right now where cars are concerned is that even the faithful old estate is going to be replaced. Aston went in to the dealership this morning, and I'm thinking this might well be the Saab replacement -

Still no further forward on what the fun car will be though.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Well, where I'm at right now where cars are concerned is that even the faithful old estate is going to be replaced. Aston went in to the dealership this morning, and I'm thinking this might well be the Saab replacement -

Still no further forward on what the fun car will be though.

FARK that's beautiful
      Looks a real stunner in white.

Actually Colin, How did you find the Saab in general?

Shortlisting ideas for the Panzer Wagons replacement (after the last week it may well find itself in a lake if I had my way) & the SAAB Aero Diesel has been in my mind a little

Neil

Comment

I've done 40,000 miles in my Saab in the last two years Neil, in all that time not one thing has gone wrong with it, it's really been a brilliant car.

Comment

I've done 40,000 miles in my Saab in the last two years Neil, in all that time not one thing has gone wrong with it, it's really been a brilliant car.

Thanks man...didn't actually realise yours was an Aero anyway.

I had a friend at work who had a '53 plate Vector 1.9 TTID & it was fine for a while then the Cambelt snapped & wrecked the engine & not long after that the Suspension collapsed but basically she didn't have a clue about cars & I think just run it into the ground.

Have heard they are pretty good but no real experience of them personally.

Just something I really like the look of in Aero guise

Comment

Mine is chain, not belt, though I'm not sure when that changed. They're quite nippy for what they are, my one is the 210bhp petrol, and it's the anniversary edition so has the nicest interior there was in the 93 and pretty much all the extras they did at the time. Still only got something like just over 70k on the clock with me being the second owner. I should probably just run it until it dies I suppose.

Comment

Mine is chain, not belt, though I'm not sure when that changed. They're quite nippy for what they are, my one is the 210bhp petrol, and it's the anniversary edition so has the nicest interior there was in the 93 and pretty much all the extras they did at the time. Still only got something like just over 70k on the clock with me being the second owner. I should probably just run it until it dies I suppose.
              Was just looking & Apparently the TTiD still has a cambelt not a chain but intervals are 90k which seems massively excessive lol

Might have to look at the Anniversary then if I do go that route although an Octavia VRS TDI or Leon FR TDI are my first choices before Saab but nice to have a few options to look over.

Neil

Comment

As an aside, I love the name Panzer Wagon. Almost worth owning a German estate for.

Comment

Beautiful. Have to ask though, have you ever seen the current owner wearing red trousers?
                  Round at my in-laws. Father-in-law has just returned from a trip out.

He's wearing red trousers and braces.

Oh. My. Days!!

Comment

Textbook.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a spacious (mainly in the back passenger seats and boot) MPV/people carrier. It will hold 3 kids and their little bikes, possibly camping equipment etc.

I will checkout a load of dealers to see some cars in person, but a little heads would be helpful.

Comment

Brother in law has a newish Ford S-Max, not a cheap car but pretty nice to drive and it's spacious, may even be overkill for your needs.
                        Has 7 seats if needs be too, for when little Hudson 4 and 5 come along

Comment

My Mum considered the S-Max but ended up with a VW Touran. Decent MPG, nippy and alright boot space without looking crap like a Vauxhall or something.

Comment

Looks like I'm possibly going back to my Honda roots, trying to work out a deal for this -

Would be S2000 number four for me. It's a 2006 GT (with hardtop) and 34k on the clock, FHSH. Also looks like the Saab is indeed being replaced by the XF Sportbrake I posted about too.

Comment

It says a lot about the Honda that you are going back to it after your last car

Comment

I love the S2000... Maybe I'll drive one some day huh?

Honda seem to make some great cars to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X