No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good clean and respray in white and it would look gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
      Has anyone ever used those mobile body repair people? Some kids near the hospital have been throwing acid or something on cars since we all now have spots of top coat peeling off. I was going to get one of these body repair vans to come and do my bonnet and mirror but a friend said they did her car and after a few years the repair sank and now there's a patch of "orange peel" on a door, surely that's filler and just repainting should be fine?
      It would probably be cheaper to source a new bonnet from a scrapyard unless your car has an awkward paint colour to match.

Comment

If it has caused significant damage to paint, I believe that they will respray the whole panel, as Socko says, that may mean it's easier/cheaper to pick up a colour matched panel.
        I've had my bumper resprayed and some minor chips/dents dealt with, you can usually get a quote really easily as they tend to have fixed prices for these kinds of repairs.

The orange peel is usually a poor paint job and it will be much more visible if they've done a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          A good clean and respray in white and it would look gorgeous.
          Not with that body kit on it.

Just test drove a 2003 Focus in gunmetal. Faultless drive but the clutch bite was a little higher although no slips, tough of bubbling on rear arch too though nothing serious. Will come with a new MOT, 3 months warranty for ?1295.

What should I offer?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Not with that body kit on it.

Just test drove a 2003 Focus in gunmetal. Faultless drive but the clutch bite was a little higher although no slips, tough of bubbling on rear arch too though nothing serious. Will come with a new MOT, 3 months warranty for ?1295.

What should I offer?
            Could try going in silly at ?900 & then coming upto ?1k

My Dad is looking at a 2010 Focus Diesel on Saturday 26k on the Clock & the seller wants ?4700.00 for it

Neil

Comment

It's from a dealer too. I'm willing to pay 1100. It's a tidy car. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                It's from a dealer too. I'm willing to pay 1100. It's a tidy car. Hmm.
                Maybe try your luck at ?1k first & then begrudgingly offer ?1100

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Maybe try your luck at ?1k first & then begrudgingly offer ?1100

Neil
                  Car has been relisted for 1200 now.

Comment

I recently had a 2002 1.8 Focus diesel and didn't even get a grand selling it privately so I'd try and knock them down to at least ?1050-?1100.

Comment

Got my Qashqai back today and after putting 4k on the clock of that Citroen C1, it really made me appreciate what a lovely car I have.

Comment

Citroen C1 is the same as a Peugeot 107, awful, so basic and like driving around in a cardboard box with windows and a sewing machine for an engine. Made for a budget market and boy does it feel like it.

Apologies in advance if anyone owns either of those models quoted and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                          I recently had a 2002 1.8 Focus diesel and didn't even get a grand selling it privately so I'd try and knock them down to at least ?1050-?1100.
                          Diesels seem to be rock bottom in terms of prices.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                            Citroen C1 is the same as a Peugeot 107, awful, so basic and like driving around in a cardboard box with windows and a sewing machine for an engine. Made for a budget market and boy does it feel like it.

Apologies in advance if anyone owns either of those models quoted and love them.
                            You know what, it was ok. It handled fine , it was nippy under 60. It was just pretty basic, no rev counter for example. But it did have blutooth and ipod support and a/c

Comment

Ah they've improved greatly since the 107 model I drove about four years ago then.

Comment

Going to look at this tonight.

Timing belt done 18 months ago. Lots of history too.

Comment

Working...
                                X