No announcement yet.

It's Christmas! What are you up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one hell of a weird Christmas. Got into a bike accident on Christmas Eve, was knocked unconscious. Someone found me covered in blood and phoned for an ambulance. The hospital stitched me up and the police took care of me until I woke up in the morning. I promised them I'd go back the hospital in the evening, but I had to meet a 'female friend' in the meantime.

That went well, despite rocking up in stitches and with a black eye. Had a semi-genuine Christmas dinner, which she'd never eaten before because she's Japanese, and spent some time walking around the shops afterwards. Went very well given she doesn't speak a word of English.

Went to the hospital in the evening, and found out my shoulder is broken (or to be specific, one of the bones is). Lovely. And they can't operate until the 4th due to national holiday, so I have to live with the broken bone until then - great.

It feels weird to say I enjoyed Christmas, but I really did - the stuff that went well have made my Christmas. A little bit worried about my first ever broken bone, first ever operation, and first time staying in a hospital though...
    Last edited by sj33; 27-12-2012, 15:40.

Comment

Wow! Some real highs and lows there!

Take it easy with that broken shoulder bone and I hope the operation goes smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
        I had one hell of a weird Christmas. Got into a bike accident on Christmas Eve, was knocked unconscious. Someone found me covered in blood and phoned for an ambulance. The hospital stitched me up and the police took care of me until I woke up in the morning. I promised them I'd go back the hospital in the evening, but I had to meet a 'female friend' in the meantime.

That went well, despite rocking up in stitches and with a black eye. Had a semi-genuine Christmas dinner, which she'd never eaten before because she's Japanese, and spent some time walking around the shops afterwards. Went very well given she doesn't speak a word of English.

Went to the hospital in the evening, and found out my shoulder is broken (or to be specific, one of the bones is). Lovely. And they can't operate until the 4th due to national holiday, so I have to live with the broken bone until then - great.

It feels weird to say I enjoyed Christmas, but I really did - the stuff that went well have made my Christmas. A little bit worried about my first ever broken bone, first ever operation, and first time staying in a hospital though...
        LOL next years is going to have to live upto some tough competition after that

Comment

I need to get a bike!

Comment

Working...
          X