Best way of leaning Japanese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha I'll be careful!

I'm enjoying how as soon as I learn new words, I start hearing them everywhere. Sometimes it's even quite spooky:

A few nights ago I was going through a work email and translating it. Just as I wrote a word meaning 'assemble' I heard it on the telly!

It was one of those DeAgostini adverts for an F-14 magazine with a jet you can assemble for a few squillion yen.

Comment

If it was 集める(あつめる) it's more of collect usually, whereas 造る・作る(つくる)would be to make. If it's another word, I would love to know what.

edit: collect/gather i meant.
      Last edited by kryss; 25-01-2015, 14:25.

Comment

It was 組み立て

Comment

Ah okay, I'm always forgetting combined verbs. 組む alone means to group something or form a group, like classes are referenced by year and class 3年4組 (さんねんよんぐみ).
          Can you remember the full sentence? Something like パーツを全部組み立てば、ミレニアム・ファルコンのモデルを完成できます。

Comment

No idea, but I'll keep an ear out next time and let you know.

Yours is fine, just that it'd be 組み立てば and モデル完成できます。 Verbs ending てる freak me out, like 育てる. I feel like I'm speaking lazy style when I say them!

Comment

Only when basing off 組み立てる, not 組み立つ which is what I immediately though of (but is the intransitive I think, and not what we'd say when talking about ourselves). Still an awful example of a sentence. プラモデルを組み立てる is the example my dictionary gives.

Comment

I've stopped going to the volunteer lessons. As expected, they're only really good for beginners whereas I was basically going there to have a conversation for an hour which isn't useful considering I'm immersed in Japanese all the time at work anyway(so far managed to resist the urge to change my Windows 7 profile to English).

However, I found some proper lessons at only Y1000 a pop every Sunday morning. I had the trial lesson last week and it was great. It's 30 long minutes away but I'm back home by 1pm which is usually around the time we wake up anyway!

I'm in the N2 class. It's difficult, which is refreshing. There are only three of us in the class and the teacher encourages speaking a lot.

Also, their Japanese emails come with furigana which is a nice touch.

I'll be taking N3 this December as one of my work goals for this year; if I pass it I'll get a pay rise

Comment

Working...
                X