Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Superman pics:

Comment

I've never owned a comic book based movie statue ever! This is due to most of the movie costumes looking rubbish ( Spider-man ) or the decent licenses only being available by Hot Toys and you guys know i don't do Hot Toys ;P

So I've been looking to pick up the Koto Batman TDKR Statue for a while now but was put off by some online pics of it ( using flash on a PVC statue never looks good ) but i persisted and i got him for under ?60 and it was so worth the punt!

It's really really nice, it's one of those pieces that pics do not do it justice at all! The swap out arm is cool but i prefer the EMP Gun for display and the LED base is nicely done, it's not super bright but lights him up enough to add a little mood light. It's super detailed the sculpt is glorious, especially the cape ( Koto always do good capes! ) and i think they even got the face right!

Koto have actually done a statue for each Batman movie so i plan to pick up the other two now

Comment

Nice get Alex, looks pretty sweet.

Just found this Youtube vid of the new TF Masterpiece line at the Tokyo Toy Show...

Can't wait to get my hands on these.

Neil

Comment

Bloodia v2, yellow body and hover legs.

Everything but the body looks oh so cheap

Comment

SDCC exclusive variant of Bishoujo Harley Quinn that looks somewhat rushed and cobbled together

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Bloodia v2, yellow body and hover legs.

Everything but the body looks oh so cheap

It's Sentinel it'll be nothing but pure quality.

Comment

So i got the TDK Batman yesterday! Its a fnatstic sculpt but the paints are way too glossy, if i did the pics in normal lights he just looks like a shiney mess, the paints are very much superior on the TDKR statue but damn this is a cracking pose! Over all very very nice!

I might have to try some of that Dull Coat on it. Anyone done that before?

Comment

So it looks like Toys R Us in the States will start selling Masterpiece Soundwave online on July 18th...

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!

$120 is bloody good value...I paid more than that for the Tapes on their own

They will ship internationally too.

So I would expect we'll see it in our stores in oooh about December based on the MP10 Prime Debacle

Neil

Comment

Pictures are finally up of the Hot Toys '89 Batmobile with dims for the box...

so the box is 4' long then
                    Weighs almost as much as I do as well.

The thing is HUGE!!!!!!

Gutted I cancelled my pre-order really but then again I can't really afford it & if I can't display the figures & stuff I already have I would have zero chance of ever being able to get that out the box.

Neil

Comment

What are we thinking the likelihood will be that Soundwave hits the UK? I want him but this year is already so expensive and the customs hit means I'd rather wait till a UK release hit months later.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        What are we thinking the likelihood will be that Soundwave hits the UK? I want him but this year is already so expensive and the customs hit means I'd rather wait till a UK release hit months later.
                        I'd expect Hasbro to have a long hard look at how well he sells in the US & then look at just how badly the MP10 Prime is still shelf warming here before they decide on what to do with him.

He'll be a huge success in the states so we can only hope Hasbro do see this as potential here & do the right thing.

I reckon we'll look at around ?120 for the UK price & probably somewhere near 4th Quarter
                        Although I'm hoping for sooner tbh

Still waiting for Prime to take a price drop so I can buy another one

Neil

Comment

That's the gamble, I think I'm gonna have to roll the dice as well and not get the US release. If the UK TRU stocks anymore Masterpieces it has to be Soundwave, probably in low numbers though.

Comment

22KG? Wtf it can't be that heavy surely?

Comment

It's 1.2 metres long, probably with a lot of die cast parts. I can totally believe it weights 22KGs, shipping costs will be equal or more than the model itself.

Comment

The Tumbler was like 22 pounds not kilo....has someone got it wrong lol

Apparently not people in the USA are paying $113 shipping...man thats one big heavy thing! They must have put a ton of diecast metal in it.
                                Last edited by NeoDragoN; 01-07-2013, 23:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X