Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    But but but... I'm sure I read that those big cars with the windscreen faces were diaclones... Perhaps not.
    Lol no Diaclone was the line owned by Takara & were originally released in 1982 in Jpn & then later picked up by Hasbro in 1983
    Then original Diaclone Sunstreaker is considered to be the first transforming robot with a realistic car mode.

Pretty much everything in the original G1 line ('84 & '85 Cars & Jets, '85 Dinobots & Constructicons, Blitzwing, Prime & Magnus) all originally had Diaclone versions & all were just recoloured to move to TF
    Once TF took off Diaclone was scrapped & Hasbro/Takara started branding everything as TF

Go-bots on the other hand were from a toy line by Popy originally called Robo Machines (Popy became Bandai Dontcha know) & they came to states in about '83
    The big ones (Cars with windscreen heads) were just called Super Go-Bots.

Hasbro bought Tonka out in '91 & took control of the Go-Bot name but only used it for TF for a short time.
    The figures themselves still remain the property of Bandai as they were only licensed by Tonka so not part of the buyout

Hope that helps

Neil

Comment

Teaser for Tekken Nina Bishoujo statue:

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Well you can get knock off versions which are by all accounts almost exactly as good as the Takara releases but for about half the price...
        I just got a 2nd-hand KO Sideswipe for ?16 and a penny. Could be bobbins, but I can cope at that price.

I fear I may have just taken my first step down a slippery slope...

Comment

If its like the typical KO's on fleabay it should be close to identical to the real ones, my Tigertrack KO is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I just got a 2nd-hand KO Sideswipe for ?16 and a penny. Could be bobbins, but I can cope at that price.

I fear I may have just taken my first step down a slippery slope...
            AWESOME!!!!!

Welcome aboard the Masterpiece train...next stop brokesville

Look forward to your impressions when he arrives

Neil

Comment

MP21 Bumblebee pics...

Neil

Comment

It's terrible, because I'm already eyeing up what I'd like next!

I'd like a Silverstreak because he was my first Transformer and obviously a Prime (MP-10, probably, but a cheapish MP-01 would be fine), but I think I can stop there...

I'm only going to get them if I can get a bargain though.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  It's terrible, because I'm already eyeing up what I'd like next!

I'd like a Silverstreak because he was my first Transformer and obviously a Prime (MP-10, probably, but a cheapish MP-01 would be fine), but I think I can stop there...

I'm only going to get them if I can get a bargain though.
                  Lol I knew it!!!

Silverstreak might be a while yet for the KO version as he's only just hit but you will see one.

If you are going for a correct scale display then I would avoid the MP-01 as he's way too big to fit properly now.
                  MP10 KO's seem really hard to track down but hopefully you can find one

Neil

Comment

Magnus pics...

Looking a bit big next to MP10...

Can't wait for him though

Comment

So anyone got any opinions or handled any 3rd party TF stuff? The like of Fans Project or TFC?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                        So anyone got any opinions or handled any 3rd party TF stuff? The like of Fans Project or TFC?
                        I know several people with Quakewave (Including Mgear on here) who think he's awesome (Some reckon better quality than the official MP's)

Scoria (not Slag) should be arriving this week with a few people so we'll see if Fans Toys have done it again with this one.

I've got iGear prime & he's a bit pants but the Mech Ideas Top Spin & Twin Twist are awesome.

I think it's hit or miss but I know Fans Project & Fans Toys are the ones to aim for

I do think Warbotron could be about to do something impressive with their Gestalts though, they look immense

Neil

Comment

Saw Fansproject Menasor and nearly cried. I wanted their Bruticus add ons a while back and never got round to it. If someone does a decent Abominus it's gonna push me over the edge.

Don't really have the cash for either with Pre-orders coming up but we'll see lol....

Comment

News has emerged that the American CIA secretly developed an Osama bin Laden action figure in the hope that it would scare children away from al-Qaeda.

Proper mental!

The CIA teamed up with Hasbro's former G.I. Joe designer and made Osama Bin Laden dolls that had a head that dissolved in heat to reveal a devil head with green eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              I know several people with Quakewave (Including Mgear on here) who think he's awesome (Some reckon better quality than the official MP's)

Scoria (not Slag) should be arriving this week with a few people so we'll see if Fans Toys have done it again with this one.
                              Just to echo what Soundwave already wrote, Quakewave from Fans Toys is an epic figure. In everyway a match for the official Masterpiece line and in some ways even better (a lot of die cast on his legs, very high quality plastic used) - one of my faves of the small number of TF's I have, for sure.

Not going for the FT Dinobots but imagine Scoria will be very nice figure. In fact I did see a review on Youtube of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqD5KNVBqgg

Comment

Saw Fansproject Menasor and nearly cried. I wanted their Bruticus add ons a while back and never got round to it. If someone does a decent Abominus it's gonna push me over the edge.

Don't really have the cash for either with Pre-orders coming up but we'll see lol....
                                Yeah I really want a good Menasor, but the FP one just isn't that good, I want realistic G1 style not the sort of look they have now.

There were rumours that TFC would be doing an Abominus but not seen anything on it for ages now so expect they were just rumours.

I think Warbotron will be the guys to really watch in respect to the Gestalts, they seem to have a real idea of what's needed to make them fit the MP aesthetic...BIG!!!!!

This is their Bruticus prototype with the current MP's & as you can see the combined mode is massive & individual bots all look spot on scale wise.

This is actually their Computron with MP10 for scale comparison...

This all bodes really well as they seem to really be taking this scale thing seriously & I just hope they bring some more Gestalts to the table...I really want a Menasor!!

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X