Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    LOOOOL Warburtron if that makes it to a SD plamo kit im IN.

Meanwhile im currently spending my 3 day weekend making my Gundam 00 Quan[T] after much examination of the quite frankly cheating "oh we painted lots of bits for the final model shoot but didn't provide stickers or guides for those bits" box pics i can tell the stickers are not going to cut it with this kit they expect me to put stickers on raised detail parts no way are they going to stay stuck they will just curl up. I think i can paint the missing bit's but don't have all the colours so im having to be creative.

The typical black eye bits on a gundam with glowing metallic green eyes are done with a sticker, i don't have any metallic green paint & i doubt mixing silver with green will work that well so i have cheated as the bit for that is thankfully clear green plastic, so i have painted the back with silver & i shall paint the outer front bits matt black so it will retain it's details & not look like a pile of crap when assembled.

Will see how many other tricks i can use to make it look like the box.
    Is this the MG one? Always wanted to pick that up as it's one of my fave 00 designs ( probably the best out of the movie designs ) how is it?

Comment

So guy refunded me on my RAH Kamen Rider Faiz which i am pretty gutted about, no idea if he sent it or not. Gonna track down another one hopefully and i still have my Ichigo from the USA on the way.

When i last collected TF stuff i was all over the headmasters stuff and late G1, although most them were pretty much blocks with none moving legs, they had a certain charm and i was a huge Headmasters fan as a kid, i loved rebirth, i watched it as much as the movie and i really liked the Jap headmasters series too ( later in life of course ). The toys that always stuck with me from being a kid were Weirdwolf, Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, Apeface. Brainstorm, Hardhead etc, Target and Power Masters! So when i saw that FP are doing these made my eyes light up

So i picked up the Fansproject Weirdwolf, ?40 off Kapow Toys, will let you know what i think.
      Last edited by NeoDragoN; 22-06-2014, 09:44.

Comment

No the kit is not a master grade just a SD one as i prefer the SD forms of gundam, i usualy go for the more non standard designs like the BB senshi ones but the 00 Quan[T] has an amazing design so i went for that one too. My most normal gundam kit so far.

Here's a few pics of the complete kit but it's not my pics, i shall show those later when mine is done.

Looks pretty basic when just built & no details added in.

but with some effort added it changes to something amazing.

This kit seems to be able to be combined with another making an enhanced one but i don't thave the other kit to do such a thing with mine.
        Last edited by importaku; 22-06-2014, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
          So guy refunded me on my RAH Kamen Rider Faiz which i am pretty gutted about, no idea if he sent it or not. Gonna track down another one hopefully and i still have my Ichigo from the USA on the way.
          Aw that sucks was looking forwards to seeing some pictures. The Ichigo RAH has gone up in price quite a bit now unfortunately.

I've just listed my Kotobukiya of Akihiko Sanada from Persona 3 on ebay, not sure if it was a good idea, don't actually know how much its worth... I'm thinking I'll put the winnings towards the PBM Gokaiger or the rest of the MMRP Figuarts.

Comment

Only peeked but the TF4 toyline will include the trailers classic Prime

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post

When i last collected TF stuff i was all over the headmasters stuff and late G1, although most them were pretty much blocks with none moving legs, they had a certain charm and i was a huge Headmasters fan as a kid, i loved rebirth, i watched it as much as the movie and i really liked the Jap headmasters series too ( later in life of course ). The toys that always stuck with me from being a kid were Weirdwolf, Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, Apeface. Brainstorm, Hardhead etc, Target and Power Masters! So when i saw that FP are doing these made my eyes light up

So i picked up the Fansproject Weirdwolf, ?40 off Kapow Toys, will let you know what i think.
              Sad news about the Kamen Rider Alex, glad you got a refund though.

Awesome get on Weirdwolf though, will be interested to hear your thoughts.
              I've hovered over getting him for ages.

Brainstorm & Highbrow were my 2 favourite headmasters so I really want to get one of the Brainstorms at some point.
              The 3rd party Skullcruncher is looking good too, hope we see something on Mindwipe soon as he's been rumoured for a while.

Wonder if we'll see target masters at some point...would love slugslinger & Triggerhappy

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Sad news about the Kamen Rider Alex, glad you got a refund though.

Awesome get on Weirdwolf though, will be interested to hear your thoughts.
                I've hovered over getting him for ages.

Brainstorm & Highbrow were my 2 favourite headmasters so I really want to get one of the Brainstorms at some point.
                The 3rd party Skullcruncher is looking good too, hope we see something on Mindwipe soon as he's been rumoured for a while.

Wonder if we'll see target masters at some point...would love slugslinger & Triggerhappy

Neil
                Well i actually saw Mindwipe first before i even knew they had already done Weirdwolf, Hardhead and Brainstorm!

Via Vangelus' twitter feed!

Looks all kinds of awesome!

Yeah some Target Masters too, Trigger Happy for sure, would like Misfire and Sureshot too as i had them as a kid too

I had a look for Skullcruncher, i'm guessing its the Toyworld one you have seen? I keep finding new 3rd party people every day lol, i can't believe so many people are at it and they all look fantastic!

Fansproject are also doing him from an old Function X tease it seems too....

Last edited by NeoDragoN; 23-06-2014, 09:28.

Comment

Yeah that Mindwipe looks cool as fook.
                  Can't wait to see more of him.

Lol yeah the 3rd parties are springing up everywhere now & the quality on some is just unreal.

Yeah that's the Skullcruncher, looking really good.
                  Their Brainstorm is nice too...

Looks like quite a size difference between the Toyworld & FP Headmasters...

I have heard that the TW one's aren't as well made as FP so that will probably sway any decisions on which 3P to go too.

I really hope they start putting Target Masters out, they would be fantastic.
                  Trigger Happy was one of may fave of the TM, loved the toy as a kid.

Can't wait to see what else the 3P's start bringing out.
                  I've said it before but there is so much choice these days that I feel it really is the best time to be a TF fan, there's something for everyone

Neil

Comment

got my loot crate on friday was gonna take a pic but found this one

really liked the Transformers loot this month, i got Grimlock in the vinyl and a megatron hexbug. the t-shirt is really cool too love the back to the future gen one Transformer crossover, Marty Mcprime indeed.
                    pretty good value, for $30 including shipping and you always get an exclusive tshirt every month and at least one figure. t-shirts pretty good quality stock normally too.

GRIMLOCK SMASH PUNNY ROBOTS!!!

last months was quite cool too with its theme of adventure featuring zelda, adventure time and minecraft.

Last edited by Lebowski; 23-06-2014, 11:05.

Comment

Those are awesome.

Never heard of them before, any more details??

That TF one is soooo freaking awesome

Neil

Comment

Those are awesome.

Neil
                        this is my lootcrate ambassador link
                        http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/5913325.

not sure if this links alound so heres a vanila link too
                        Loot Crate is the #1 pop culture subscription-based service on the planet, bringing the love of pop culture conventions to fans at home. We work closely with creators and licensed partners like Warner Brothers, Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Universal, Bethesda, Crunchyroll and others to imagine new products for our fans.

sadly the transformers one has just closed though they do get past crates back in for special order from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          this is my lootcrate ambassador link
                          http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/5913325.

not sure if this links alound so heres a vanila link too
                          Loot Crate is the #1 pop culture subscription-based service on the planet, bringing the love of pop culture conventions to fans at home. We work closely with creators and licensed partners like Warner Brothers, Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Universal, Bethesda, Crunchyroll and others to imagine new products for our fans.

sadly the transformers one has just closed though they do get past crates back in for special order from time to time.

Thanks for that buddy.
                          Reckon I might have some of that, looks awesome

Comment

I need to stay the hell away from that site!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I need to stay the hell away from that site!
                              Lol no you don't

Comment

Those are awesome.

Neil
                                Lootcrate is a service where you pay like $25 every month and they send you a box containing random goodies depending on the theme of th emonth. In the USA it's $13.37 ( leet get it) which is pretty decent but when you put shipping on for the UK i think at like ?18 you don't get enough value especially if that month is something you don't really like.

Yeah that Mindwipe looks cool as fook.
                                Can't wait to see more of him.

Lol yeah the 3rd parties are springing up everywhere now & the quality on some is just unreal.

Yeah that's the Skullcruncher, looking really good.
                                Their Brainstorm is nice too...

Looks like quite a size difference between the Toyworld & FP Headmasters...

I have heard that the TW one's aren't as well made as FP so that will probably sway any decisions on which 3P to go too.

I really hope they start putting Target Masters out, they would be fantastic.
                                Trigger Happy was one of may fave of the TM, loved the toy as a kid.

Can't wait to see what else the 3P's start bringing out.
                                I've said it before but there is so much choice these days that I feel it really is the best time to be a TF fan, there's something for everyone

Neil
                                Yeah the Toysworlds ones are a lot bigger but i don't think they look anywhere near as good as the FP ones, that Brainstorm looks terrible imo, looks very cheap and the alt mode is nothing like it should be.

At least the FP one looks like the G1 alt mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X