The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Everything is always so deep and complex.
    True, very true

Comment

Very deep and complex. I know why I am this way, I just need to get out of my comfort zone more. I really need to move from materialism to experiences and being more social. I'm going to try and make more friends at school, although the age difference is a pain ("bloody kids!" etc).

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Very deep and complex. I know why I am this way, I just need to get out of my comfort zone more. I really need to move from materialism to experiences and being more social. I'm going to try and make more friends at school, although the age difference is a pain ("bloody kids!" etc).
        What age are you mate?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
          think ive got around 100 games now spread over 6-7 systems, stuff I wanted to keep or stuff I felt was worth more than 50p on ebay

so for downsizing I think I sold 3000-3500 items since last april, its taken a while but definitely quicker than it took to amass it

gutted about losing some games but ive never gave them the full attention they deserved and PS+ is sorting me out unless I really really fancy something

steelbooks seem to be my new Achilles heal
          Wow, that's one heeeeuge culling. Well done buster. I'm now down to a Wii with Sin and punisment 2 and skyward sword, plus a psp with mh freedom unite, gaming wise I'm happy as lary with just that. Chick wise, I'm perfectly happy on my own, if someone awesome that's also single comes along I'm not afraid to ask them out, otherwise I hardly even give it a second thought these days, more important priorities now than worrying about silly things.

Comment

That's a bit of a sensible approach for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Chick wise, I'm perfectly happy on my own, if someone awesome that's also single comes along I'm not afraid to ask them out, otherwise I hardly even give it a second thought these days, more important priorities now than worrying about silly things.
              This really is the best way to go about life.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                Expensive taste in rum and cigars stops me from going overboard on those two vices as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  What age are you mate?
                  I turned 32 last month.

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                  I feel I should do something incredibly stupid to balance that out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Wow, that's one heeeeuge culling. Well done buster. I'm now down to a Wii with Sin and punisment 2 and skyward sword, plus a psp with mh freedom unite, gaming wise I'm happy as lary with just that. Chick wise, I'm perfectly happy on my own, if someone awesome that's also single comes along I'm not afraid to ask them out, otherwise I hardly even give it a second thought these days, more important priorities now than worrying about silly things.
                    I'm glad your mental health is good and you are nice and confident to think like that, but if you are thinking irrationally and suffering from a variety of mental health problems, (like alot of us do or have done in the past), its easier said than done.

Comment

Well, I proposed to my girlfriend yesterday and she answered in the affirmative.

I'm back in the UK for a few weeks so she came to visit for a couple of days. She's never travelled by herself before, never been to the UK, and can't really speak English. Her being in the UK would certainly be memorable, so I figured it would be an ideal time to pop the question.

I thought for a long time about where to propose, but in the end I decided to ask in the hotel room. She's a very shy person and not exactly outgoing, so I figured she'd prefer to be asked in private rather than in front of lots of people. I reckon I did the right thing.

Aside from being choked up about her leaving this morning, I'm really happy right now.
                      Last edited by sj33; 02-09-2013, 12:23.

Comment

Congrats mate!!!

Good show!!!

Comment

Well done!!

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              she answered in the affirmative
                              Affirmative!

Oh, Jake. So cool and reserved on here but on Facebook: pure 100% undiluted love love desu

Congrats again

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X