No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing repressed about sexuality in Japan, not even in the slightest. People can be very uptight in general life, but not in the British sense. Some of the stuff on TV you wouldn't believe.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Looks like 3 options to me.

1) Let her get on with it. It's work and only time she would have to. No gratification for her either.

2) She quits but if you stay in Japan, could happen again.

3) Tell her to say no. See what happens.
      It's option 1. It's not something to quit over and, in the grand scheme of things, seems quite mild compared with what quite a few other women have gone through at their companies.

I wouldn't tell her to say no because it's her decision.

One thing she did which I thought was a stroke of genius was to tell the company at the hiring stage that she's allergic to alcohol so they don't ever tell her to drink. My friend I mentioned got cussed bad by her boss because she didn't want to drink at a party due to a stomach problem. Proper ripped into her for it and in the end she drank in spite of the pain. Messed her up a bit.

@kryss: oh, I wouldn't dream of it here. Even in the UK I didn't bother with the headache. I'll save it for Amsterdam or another country where it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        I'll save it for Amsterdam or another country where it's legal.
        I love Amsterdam. I proper bum it.

Comment

TMI dude, TMI.

Comment

The ONLY thing about relationships in that post is the word married. Why are you going around pointing the finger at everyone, when it's really you who is causing all the trouble? You did this last time after the TV calibrating thread. You've got a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder, and you need to stop preaching to everyone about it.

*if you're wondering why I posted this, it was in reply to a post that has been removed. I am not crazy. Well I am, but not erm, you know what I mean.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-11-2013, 15:04.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ah nevermind.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm.....wonder what happened there...colour me curious! :0

Anyway, learnt a valuable lesson this year: never expect ANYTHING and life suddenly gets much better.

Comment

So...I go to this club at school every Wednesday evening called the JCC (Japanese Culture and Conversation Club), mainly to practice my Japanese and meet some new people. We chat about stuff in Japanese for a while and switch to English for the other half, etc.
                  So I met this one girl there about 3 weeks ago and thought she was kind of cute. The week after she's there again, we say hi, she introduces me to one of her friends, I find out she's from somewhere I used to work in Japan once in a while. Naturally, she's surprised to meet someone in Canada who knows the city. The week after she introduces me to more people after class and tells me she was in a group of just girls and they had a lot of fun. A friend who was in the same group tells me they were talking about the guys in the class and who they would date if they could.

You can see where this is going.

I've messaged her asking if she would like to meet up on Sunday in one of the shopping malls so we can have a wander and a chat...Just have to see what she says.

Comment

Player.

Comment

Turns out the Santa dance is a joke thing and the new blokes have to do it, too, in full make up and everything.

Relax mode engaged.

We had a talk about jealousy and things like that and I managed to cover everything I wanted to so it's all good in the hood.

Comment

Looks like I have an almost date in a few hours.
                        Better bring my grade-AAA charisma with me.

Comment

May the Force be with you.

Or been, if it's already happened.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            ... I managed to cover everything I wanted to so it's all good in the hood.
                            Enough with your filthy euphemisms!

Comment

Well we did some shopping and spent the whole time chatting. It was fun and we're supposed to go for coffee sometime.
                              Now I just have to not ruin it.

Comment

Great

Hope the coffee goes well!

Comment

Working...
                                X