The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    He met her for coffee on a Monday, dated her on the Tuesday, and proposed on the Wednesday.
    Is Kryss secretly Craig David?

Comment

Oh snap, rumbled. Have a proper bo chrim...bo.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        ...and Thursday and Friday and Saturday. They chilled on Sunday...
        Maybe I was too subtle... pah!

Comment

I'll be going to a wedding with my other half in August... no, not mine

This should be fun... at least we are both friends with the couple, so it isn't so awkward, and I will know other people there. But it's like, okay, official event, hope it won't give her too many ideas just yet. Give me alcohol and some people to joke with, and I'll be okay heh...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Weddings will come around your relationship and mess with your bins!

Comment

Speaking of weddings, on Tuesday we told oto-san that I proposed. He got really REALLY pissed that I proposed before meeting him and it was really tense(especially as he loves me and thinks I'm amazing). He said he doesn't know how we do things in the UK but that here in Japan there's a process and I should respect that. When he calmed down I said my piece in English and let missus translate. I waffled but I got my point across that the process is the same back home(especially for me, being an Indian) and I've always wanted to involve him but I didn't want to meet him until I had a real job and that he had taken a long time to even acknowledge I exist. Also that's one of the reasons we're moving to that expensive flat - so we can be near him.

Anyway, water under the bridge and he's onboard with the whole thing.

Final hurdle crossed. "Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way" from the Transformers Movie Soundtrack.

Comment

At least I've lost enough weight to fit back into my suit hah hah... I haven't worn that in about four years as I can wear casual stuff at work. I am also probably going to be the only non-American there, which means Lauren will have to bat away all the bridesmaids once they hear my accent

Comment

Word, old bean!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    At least I've lost enough weight to fit back into my suit hah hah... I haven't worn that in about four years as I can wear casual stuff at work. I am also probably going to be the only non-American there, which means Lauren will have to bat away all the bridesmaids once they hear my accent
                    You live in the US?

Comment

No, still living here in the UK. Lauren is in the US currently. I will over there in July for San Diego Comic-Con, and then the wedding the following weekend.

Comment

I just ended it with my girlfriend of 6 months. It was not pleasant. I had acted really callously in a couple of previous recent instances so I feel like a huge jerk (won't get into details - nothing absolutely horrendous but really things any caring individual would not have done). But I know I was worried about it for a while now - I think I probably knew it was over in my mind.

Unfortunately this has rather shaken my confidence for any other relationships I may or may not have. I don't understand how it's possible to just change my mind about someone who was previously so perfect to me. And I guess I'm concerned that it could happen again regardless of how highly I think of that person. Bah.

Comment

Not purely on a relationship basis but generally speaking, if you feel like you've acted like a douche then learn from it and don't do it again. It's easy to say but not easy to do, I have trouble with doing it everyday. But every time you stop yourself matters.

Comment

[removed]
                            Last edited by Lyris; 05-12-2022, 21:07. Reason: The past!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                              Well, I just got stood up last night, from a girl I've been seeing for a few months who's normally reliable. She texted me during the day and asked if I could meet her later on, then 20 minutes before - when I'm basically there - she tells me "So sorry, I can't come tonight", and gave a vague description about having to go meet her flatmate as the reason.

I don't know about you, but if I had to leave someone hanging on such short notice, I'd give them a full explanation. To hell with that.

So I guess that's another for the "flaky and unreliable" pile. This whole thing, it's exhausting. It just seems that as a single guy, you're throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. The process just isn't that enjoyable; I don't really understand how you're supposed to come out of the other end of it with someone you're actually into.
                              I've literally given up looking, or even thinking of looking. Dating became like a second job and felt like something I had to get done, rather than actually enjoying spending my time with someone meaningful. With running a business the whole thing was exhausting so just deleted everything, profiles, numbers etc and now I just concentrate on being me.

Also, flaky excuses don't wash with me, if you cancel, give notice and a good reason, people have lives to lead as well. I never gave a second chance after a flaky cancel, can't be bothered to let me know? Yep your gone and insta deleted.

Comment

I hear ya on the second job thing. After a while, they feel like job interviews and you find yourself repeating the same old stuff, what do you do for work, what are your favorite films, etc etc.

And like you, I run a business. I wonder if that makes me boring to most people since it takes up a lot of my time.

Comment

Working...
                                X