No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd been diagnosed with depression back when I was around 18 and it comes and goes. I was really hurt in my first relationship and imagine I carry baggage. It's hard to not imagine the same thing happening again. I can understand how hard it must be to put up with someone who has baggage.

I personally believe everyone has baggage. Baggage is what makes us us. People just need to learn to carry it correctly and not throw it around.

I've finished a night shift and I don't know if I've made any sense at all.

Comment

What worked for me and what I tend to follow is find someone equally ****ed up as you and settle down, tends to work out fine, it did for me

Comment

I think you've dodged a ton of agro, dark angel.

I couldn't tolerate a girl like that. I'm aware my current girlfriend has male mates, she knows I have female mates. Any thought put into thinking about stuff like that is wasted energy I could be putting into something else.

I'll leave all the high maintenance crazy women for men that are looking to have their souls destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

I'll leave all the high maintenance crazy women for men that are looking to have their souls destroyed.

Change 'soul' to 'mental health' Kit and your already there with me. The entire thing made me really depressed and anxious, because 90% of our time together was her going mental at me and accusing me of horrible things.

Now that it's over I am actually feeling happy again.

Never again, all this BS from women about how men always treat them badly, yet I'm starting to get the impression from my own experiences, (not just with this girl), and from reading this thread over the years, that it's actually the other way round, more often then not.

Comment

The difference is that men don't talk about it with people as it could make them look weak. Say what you like, guys will always avoid looking less manly around other guys.

There was a family staying at my hotel one weekend, and we got complaints about arguing from another guest nearby. The manager went up and the husband answered, extremely apologetic, and explained he and his wife had been having an argument, and some wine had been spilt on the sofa - which he explained he was completely willing to pay for the extra cleaning - and that if possible he would like to get a second room for him and his children. Went I say "spilt" I actually mean she had thrown a glass of red wine over the sofa, creating a sizeable stain. We don't get many stories like this, I guess most keep it at home.

Comment

Correct response for dealing with too much bull****:

Ice them the **** out. Move on. Find someone more chilled.

I'll think of more ice related puns later.

I actually feel sorry for blokes who don't now. We've all probably been in that position, doing nice **** and not being appreciated. It's not nice and only leads to more bull****. When stuff like that happens the fault is clearly with them.

If you're in a relationship and doing nice stuff it should be acknowledged. If not why the **** are you even going out?

The idea is to make each other happy not feel like ****.
              Last edited by Kit; 12-04-2015, 02:35.

Comment

Sorry to hear that DA, but yeah, most likely for the best. I hate that sort of thing too.

My date didn't go brilliantly either, for long, drawn out reasons. Short reasons, maybe a bit too much alcohol, maybe she was a lot more forward than I realised, so I suspect she thinks I can't keep up with her in either respect. Have to see if she gets back to me, I'm gonna give it a day and then text her and she if she replies back...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Had a text from her tonight, so I called her up and we had a quick chat. Not easy getting information out of her though, and I think she was a bit upset in general so she may have had a hard time wanting to end things. Get the impression she wasn't quite as serious into this as she thought I was (perhaps), and that the slight awkwardness and nervousness I had taken from her demeanour (which you'd expect, given you're putting two reasonably unknown people together) on the first couple of dates was something else for her. What, I couldn't ascertain fully, but probably some small things that jarred or didn't sit right with her, that she felt meant it couldn't fully work between us, and she didn't want to acknowledge that because she did really like me, and couldn't quit it after those dates instead. She did say it wasn't anything specific I did, and that it was probably something she needs to sort out (well, we've heard that before, but I'm willing to believe her), so I don't feel quite as bad. But it still sucks though
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

We had "the talk" with the gfs father this morning and have the okay to go ahead.
                    Now I have to save a ****ton of money for the wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Yep, screw being nice.

As my man Roy says...

I started being less nice to women. Not out of malice but just because I got sick of acting the same way with them. Sadly it does seem to work, at least for some.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        We had "the talk" with the gfs father this morning and have the okay to go ahead.
                        Congrats!

Same here. I get that weddings are supposed to be lovely etc but they seem to kick the idea of starting your new life together square in the face when you consider the costs involved.

Comment

Congratulations Steven.

Faye and I have decided to officially move in together at the end of June. Makes sense as I've spent about 3 nights at home in the last 5 weeks.

Only problem now is my ex. She's giving me a load of **** because I'm happy and she isn't. She can't move on and won't let me do so either. Still, that will sort itself out soon enough.

Comment

I think setting a date for a wedding is a terrible idea said that to my folks and my now wife, should save the money then set the date once saved a decent amount
                            Last edited by eastyy; 11-05-2015, 09:32.

Comment

Congrats! Seems this is your year!

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                              Faye and I have decided to officially move in together at the end of June. Makes sense as I've spent about 3 nights at home in the last 5 weeks.
                              erm... Didn't you just meet her 3 days ago? Escalated pretty fast from a regular booty call :/

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X