Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    I'm on a 5 year spouse visa.

However when I first changed over they gave me a 1 year that expired before my existing 3 year visa had been due.
    Same here. It really pissed me off, and then when I renewed it I only got another one- year visa.

Comment

Accidentally went to page 2 and am now wondering how Fastware got on with his situation...
      Plus chuckled at myself from 2013.

Comment

Do you have to get a spouse visa? Are there any other tangible benefits beyond being able to do any job you want?

Comment

You don't have to submit the employer specific paperwork, which was usually a pain to get. In fact being freed from any employer having that sort of power over your life is a good thing.

Comment

Ah right. I won't have that worry with my company but never say never, I guess. Also, I wonder if they wouldn't pay for it if I was just doing my spouse visa stuff. Or maybe they would, I don't know.

They paid for my work visa and travel costs and told me I should go on company time because it's work-related.
            Last edited by randombs; 11-01-2016, 23:31.

Comment

Next time you go to renew your visa (if you do) just change it over and pay for it yourself. Put it as a "gift" to the company that they don't have to pay or do any paperwork and I doubt they'll not let you go.

Comment

Any employer is pretty much duty bound to let you go to the immigration office when necessary. My job always tries to get me to go on my own time, but if there are no suitable days (I.e. I'm off but it's not a national holiday) then tough luck for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Next time you go to renew your visa (if you do) just change it over and pay for it yourself. Put it as a "gift" to the company that they don't have to pay or do any paperwork and I doubt they'll not let you go.
                  Sorry, I worded that post weirdly so I've fixed it now. Basically, there'll be no problems from my company. I forgot that getting a spouse visa would be just like renewing my engineer one so I guess they'll treat it in the same manner.

Right, that's enough visa talk
                  Last edited by randombs; 12-01-2016, 00:30.

Comment

Snorgasm. More reader's wives pics pls.

Comment

i have a girlfriend

Comment

I wanted to make a joke, but I'll just say nice job instead.

Comment

I asked my girlfriend to marry me tonight and she said yes! The only time I've been happier was the day my daughter was born.

Comment

Aw congrats MJDX!

Comment

Lovely to see you happy!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X