The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

(one wonders what relationship calamities Kit is embroiled in, wherever he is...)

Comment

It's pretty super special awesome

Officially NOT making any plans until next year. We want to enjoy our engagement for a while and meet some targets this year such as lose some weight and get fitter and healthier before even thinking about venues, guest lists and suit hires. Of course I'm looking at the odd thing online and have been doing on and off for years (damn you pintrest) but not wanting to start ordering or stressing about it until the new year.

My mother has other plans. Trying not to kill her excitement but she has already started putting venue ideas down. Trying to put my foot down about it but she barely listens. Will be seeing her in a few weeks anyway so we'll see how that ends up.

Comment

Congratulations [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]!!

Comment

If I can give a little advice having got married last year, even if you're looking at getting wed two years down the line, it does no harm to start looking at stuff now. Maybe not intensively, but you'll be amazed how far in advance you need to get started on everything.

Comment

Awww, congratulations both!

Colin is right about starting looking at a few things, especially venues.

Comment

Yeah my mum is driving that home with us and I agree, but we made a promise not to get into it too much this year.

No harm in my mum having a look local to her (we live the other side of the country but our parents live about 40 mins from each other) but we have thought of maybe going abroad as it will almost certainly be a small gathering.

My mum is up tonight looking at halls, cottages, the local heritage boats and all sorts, she's on a mission and she has only known for a few hours. My sister already wants to be a maid of honor (don't even know if I'm having maids as they may well be 1/5 of the wedding party) and wants to wear a ball gown.

As I said kinda stressing out already when this is precisely what we didnt want to happen. Oh well, at least both our familes are happy.

Now they have to all officially meet (oh god...)

Comment

Congratulations, you two

Your mum will be annoying as heck regardless so just let her get on with it and you never know what she might find!

As others have said, there's no harm in starting at least some things a bit earlier, especially as you're both working. We picked our venue a year in advance but postponed six months so 1.5 years altogether. And over here, the venue includes the planner so they take care of a lot but we were still running around like headless chickens right up until a few hours before the ceremony.

Comment

Go to Vega, get drunk, get married.

Comment

Congratulations, you crazy kids!

Comment

Congratulations!

I'm rooting for both of you to never come back to this thread in a few years announcing the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Go to Vega, get drunk, get married.

He could officiate!

Congrats Blobcat and Asura.

Comment

Damn you auto-correct!!!

Comment

But that's Balrog.

Comment

Very pithy, wakka, ha.

Comment