No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripes, I've been out of the ebay loop for a while.
    I just sold a double buggy/pram thing. It went BIN for ?50. It's 17kg and big, so postage was ?42.
    I knew that I'd lose part of the postage fee in paypal, but I didn't realise ebay took a cut on the postage too!!! When did that happen?
    Total ebay fees were ?9.69!!!!wt....
    So overall on the sale of a ?50 item I made ?37 and paid ?13 fees. That's 26% fee!!! Criminal.
    Never using ebay again.

Comment

I think they did this to stop the 99p item ?17 postage crowd, Ebay is to big for its boots, you should try shpock

‎Join the buying and selling marketplace that makes second hand feel like a joy. Shpock is a marketplace platform that brings millions of private buyers and sellers across the United Kingdom together for second hand shopping. You can buy and sell (almost) anything: new, nearly new and used things…

Or find a local facebook group, no postage no fee's, and buyers usually happy to pick up. Prices tend to be similar to ebay too without the hassle, you can get the odd bargain too, recently someone close to us was selling Kettler Go Kart for ?10 the kids love it and the same model cost over ?200 new.

Comment

Originally posted by ebay
        Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is xxxx. How may I be of assistance?
        charlesrodmell
        Hi xxxx. I sold 331246836601, but I haven't sold on ebay for a long time and didn't realise the final fee includes the postage. I'm not quite sure how ebay justifies charging a fee on postage, but as far as I'm concerned, it's criminal. The item cost ?50, and postage was ?42 (big item), so including paypal fees and ebay fees, total fee was 26%!!!! (?13 fees on a ?50 item). I will never be using ebay to sell on again. Please pass the message on to someone who might care Thanks.
        xxxx
        Hello there Charles.
        xxxx
        I appreciate your time and effort in taking your concern to us. It means that you are a responsible eBay member.
        Translation: we don't care. Private sellers are no longer a priority for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          I think they did this to stop the 99p item ?17 postage crowd, Ebay is to big for its boots, you should try shpock

‎Join the buying and selling marketplace that makes second hand feel like a joy. Shpock is a marketplace platform that brings millions of private buyers and sellers across the United Kingdom together for second hand shopping. You can buy and sell (almost) anything: new, nearly new and used things…

Or find a local facebook group, no postage no fee's, and buyers usually happy to pick up. Prices tend to be similar to ebay too without the hassle, you can get the odd bargain too, recently someone close to us was selling Kettler Go Kart for ?10 the kids love it and the same model cost over ?200 new.
          Yeah, good plans.

Comment

The eBay fees are way too high for the level of service you receive now. For a self-service like this I expect to pay around c.2-6%. The free 20 listings a month are useful but the final fees and Paypal fees on top really bite.

I've sold some stuff recently on eBay where I simply wouldn't have got the price I've received elsewhere but I'm having to use BIN's more than ever to limit my losses or make sure that the item doesn't undersell (although I just had my last item sell where I'm pretty sure a trader picked up a ridiculous bargain - lesson learnt, no more auctions). And whilst I don't mind the limits on postage, put simply they are too restrictive. ?3 maximum limit for everything in videogames category doesn't cover large collector's or limited editions where the postage is 2 - 5 times as high.

I also sent a load of Rockband/Guitar Hero stuff to my local Charity Shop although base on what I saw on Saturday they made a nice donation that's made me feel good. I expect to drift away from using eBay to sell items over time and use trade-ins/private sales & charity shops instead.

Comment

"Hello I'm a little concerned as the figure hasn't arrived yet and its 5 days past the delivery estimate. I didn't receive a tracking number so I haven't been able to verify whether the package has been marked as delivered (and thus I should inquire at my local Post Office) or whether its still out in transit. Please advise? Thank you!"

Opens a case against me then starts the message with a smiley? Yes, I forgot to provide the tracking number but he couldn't just message me for it? The bloody item arrived on the 9th he just hasn't bothered to go to the sorting office or whatever it is to pick it up... bellend.

Edit: Heh a few words from my reassuring self and the case is closed. All blame was pinned on USPS and we're all happy... are they really that bad?
              Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 23-07-2014, 03:41.

Comment

Was just about to raise a question, which is very similar to the above.

I paid for an item on the 8th July. Nothing received. Last week (16th) I emailed the seller using the category of 'Other' when selecting from the 10 or so reasons why I was contacting the seller. If I selected 'Item not received yet', it said item will be received on the 14th-16th, so I had to use 'Other' to even be allowed to write a message for the seller.

Today I gone to contact them again as I've not heard anything or received the item. But by using the 'I've not received my items' yet it's automatically opened a case in the resolution centre. I have to say as someone going through this for the first time it isn't 100% clear that you're opening a case when all you want to do is just write a quick message to the seller.

So I assume I've got little choice but to leave the case open now?

Annoying becuase obviously I wouldn't have bought said item if I thought it was going to take 2 plus weeks to arrive, but I was going to give the seller longer before considering any formal action.
                Last edited by Digfox; 23-07-2014, 12:53.

Comment

I think if you've tried to msg the seller and had no response then a case is the only way to really go.

What really annoyed me is I sent a msg when he won it telling him when I'd be sending it out, another when I sent it out and got no response, even just a little thanks goes a long way, it's a little reassuring too.

I guess maybe he opened the case without knowing but luckily it's sorted out now so it's all good.

Comment

I've had thick buyers message me asking if I've shipped the item even though I've marked as despatched, added the tracking number and messaged the buyer to confirm postage and added the tracking ref for good measure again. Some people just don't read anything. However to be fair it's not 100% clear you're opening a case, having now been through this process. At least it sounds like you had an honest buyer who just wanted to track down their item and it's all sorted.

In my case when I contacted the seller on the 16th, they did respond that the item was dispatched but was sent back to them due to sellotape covering the stamps but the item was packaged and ready to go again. However I haven't heard anything since and the item page has no updates on it at all. I just wanted to message them first and then consider raising a case. I sense I've just got a lazy or slow seller rather than someone not wanting to complete the sale but we'll see. Maybe this will prompt them into action.
                    Last edited by Digfox; 23-07-2014, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                      II sense I've just got a lazy or slow seller rather than someone not wanting to complete the sale but we'll see. Maybe this will prompt them into action.
                      Had the same trouble with a lot of Amazon sellers, item is slow to arrive you message them with a where is my stuff e.mail. Then they give you the usual it's in the post, 9/10 when it arrives the stamp for when they posted it, is the day I sent the chaser e.mail to them.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately it does appear to be the case now that if you want to contact the seller politely asking where your item is, you have to go through a different reason for writing, otherwise it begins the dispute process.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. It's done now, so I'll just have to let the seller known I didn't mean to start the process.

Comment

I've gone on eBay after being away for over a year, and only now discovered the Global Shipping Program.

It craps an extra $20 in some cases on top of the price of some items, and it seems customs will screw you anyway.

What happened to the days of asking the guy to mark the price down for you? This sucks. It effectively cuts of any means of importing used games from the US. Everyone seems to be doing it. WHY?! Are they getting listings discounts for it?

Looks like no NTSC Skies or Arcadia Legends for me then.

Comment

No, it's because American sellers were automatically put onto it, and you have to opt out of it, which many have, for the reasons you list. It was scaring away their foreign buyers. Some like it, as they only have to worry about shipping the items within the US even for foreign destinations.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                No, it's because American sellers were automatically put onto it, and you have to opt out of it, which many have, for the reasons you list. It was scaring away their foreign buyers. Some like it, as they only have to worry about shipping the items within the US even for foreign destinations.
                                So eBay are trying to make a region lock. I am pleased I haven't used it to sell for years and avoid it like the plague to buy (usually a last resort) classic example of screwing up what was once a decent idea with greed

Comment

Working...
                                X