No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought and paid for an item 32 days ago which hasn't arrived, ebay have only just allowed me to start a case today, which then gives this muppet another 9 days to reply. So looking at 41 days out of pocket before they even make a judgement. ****ing ridiculous.

Comment

I feel your pain.

Its always been that way although maybe the number of days has altered since the last and only time I had to do this. An item I ordered hadn't arrived, the seller wasn't responding and it was clear from the feedback left by other recent buyers that it wasn't an isolated case.

When you first make a complaint eBay give you and the seller a window of opportunity to resolve the case amicably. Back then I think it was 20 days from the date of the initial complaint. For me that meant it would be 30 days after I'd placed the order before I would lkely get my money back.

Long story short: I was reimbursed by Paypal very quickly after the 20 day resolution period had gone by without the paid for items being dispatched or, as promised, in his one direct communication with me, reimbursement. However the scumbag, who I'd paid <5 minutes after winning the items, which included 1st class postage, waited right until the end of the 60 day open transaction period before leaving me negative feedback ("..........difficult customer: avoid" or words to that effect) ruinng my 100% record.

Eventually I got it removed but from start to that finish it was over eight weeks of increasing annoyance.

Comment

eBay has changed so god damn much over the years that I'm reading this on their FAQs and wondering if I'm reading it right or having a major blonde moment:

Buyers can leave a positive, negative, or neutral rating and a short comment for sellers. Sellers can leave a positive rating and a short comment for buyers. These ratings are used to determine Feedback scores.

In short: someone sold me something that's completely not as described (said it was complete w/ box, picture shows a box, arrived cart-only), and I'm just wondering what the repercussions are if/when I leave a neg feedback and/or ascii art of a cock as a comment. From what I read above, he can only leave a positive?

For now I've tried to raise a question, but after telling their system the item's not as described, it's pushed me to request a return instead. Really going to be a bit cheesed off if I'm going to have to send something back, ho hum.

Comment

eBay totally favours buyers these days. He can't do anything that will affect your standing on eBay. Return for a full refund, what's the problem?

Comment

I'd still like to leave some negative feedback for wasting everyone's time

Comment

Go ahead! The ball's totally in your court. They cannot leave bad feedback for you. IMO you should leave honest feedback otherwise what's the point? And if honest feedback is "Goods not as described" then as a potential buyer I'd like to know that about a trader.

Comment

15th Sept T&C change - you can now return the item at no cost to you, the buyer.

Many of our sellers have already started using eBay Managed Returns and are paying for return postage on faulty or not as described items. Starting from 15 September, we will introduce requirements that all sellers take responsibility for return postage on items which are faulty or not as described. The majority of our sellers are already providing a great returns service, but for those sellers who choose not to facilitate a return or provide/fund return postage for items that are faulty or not as described, we may refund their buyers without requiring them to return the item and in turn we will seek reimbursement from sellers.

So in theory you can open a dispute, return the item and it shouldn't cost you anything.

Comment

I've received the 'You've been enrolled into the Global Shipping Programme' email from eBay today. I've tried reading the FAQ's but can't find an answer to my question. If I continue to only want to sell to UK-based buyers only am I better off enrolling or opting out of the programme?

I haven't open my auctions to international buyers for years, and I am not inclined to do so now particularly in light of new return postage rules. The FAQ states that you can block countries if you enrol but not what happens if you opt out. Unfortunately I don't have any listings planned atm to test so though I'd ask here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                    we may refund their buyers without requiring them to return the item and in turn we will seek reimbursement from sellers. [/B][/I]
                    when selling on ebay I always use recorded delivery as 9 times out of ten you would get a did not receive item dispute opened if you didnt. Now ebay are saying that you can pretty much get a refund and keep the item as the buyer will be found in favour of before you can do anything, yeah that's not gonna get abused now is it.

selling high value items is a no no for me now as whats to stop someone saying the item is broken or not as described? eBay gives an instant refund and your left with no item and no money, how are ebay going to guarantee your item is returned to you? all the buyer ha to do is tell ebay they have returned it and it must of been lost in the post.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 14-10-2014, 11:00.

Comment

Not sure how eBay would ensure the item is returned to you but I would expect the buyer will need to have proof of postage at the very least. Now as a seller your looking at paying for tracked delivery both ways to ensure an item gets back to you.

I have mixed feelings about the change but think something needed to change. Although most eBay purchases have been fine I've purchased a couple of items that simply weren't as described where I've had to write off the cost becuase returning them would have been too expensive and negated any refund. However I recently sold a Bioshock CE on eBay which was sent via signed-for delivery but the big daddy figure turned up broken in the box. It was very well package but had clearly been crushed and impaled by a far heavier object. Even before the new rules I offered to reimburse the buyer to return the item to me via signed-for delivery because I knew I might need the item for a claim with RM. Which I did although I received the eBay sale plus first postage back in my successful claim so was only down that second lot of postage.

For me the issue is that eBay need to do far more to support transactions. At the simplest level many sellers can't put up accurate descriptions for the condition of an item and the eBay template should be changed to improve item descriptions. They also should step in on returns and offer sellers some form of subsidised service to return items. Of course they won't. Whilst eBay is useful for clearing some items I do tend to use it as a last resort. The fees and costs are simply far too high and annoyingly the postage limits as a seller are capped far, far too low.

Hence my question, as sellers paying for returns is going to be far worse with international buyers how do you continue to keep your listings on eBay UK only?

Comment

Not sure if anyone can help with this but it'll help vent at least.

Recently the person I've been seeing is preparing to move out and whilw sorting through things he found some of his mum's old stuff, most of it unused designer purses and such. He managed to sell a gucci purse he got for his mum from a gucci store, shortly before she passed away, for about a month later the buyer has decided she wants a refund and is saying the purse is counterfit. She's sent around three email and each subsequent one has kinda contradicted the previous.

He was given till the 31st to get it sorted and he only responded the once saying how he was offended of the accusation etc. and that it was a genuine product and he had the proof of purchase.

He called ebay for advice and was told not respond and to let it escalate so ebay would get involved on the 1st and likely side with him as he has the proof of purchase and the buyers story wasn't adding up.

Now on the first the buyer has been granted the refund without ebay really looking into it. He spoke with customer service and they said what he has is useless as ebay does not have the purse and basically just gave no real reason as to why they've just sided with buyer and no real concern for the details, like they just made the decision to avoid looking into the case.

So the main question is what can be done from here?
                        Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 02-01-2015, 20:30.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, not what you want to be dealing with at a time like that. Personally I would say it's about getting the item back from the buyer so that you can cut your losses and simply re-list and sell again. Under the new T&C the seller is going to have to pay the return postage but this is hopefully likely to encourage buyer to return the item. I understood eBay were not meant to refund on items still in the buyers possession but they will nearly always side with the buyer and I've read this story loads of times.

In situations like this I do think you have to be prepared to refund even if the buyer is being difficult. The worst case is that you are left without the item or money.

I guess you could complain to eBay or someone might post about an appeals policy or otherwise but I'm not sure how much faith I would put in that.

Comment

You can only hope that after ebay giving a refund ( they said they wouldnt), that the buyer will hopefully be honest enough to return the item to you.
                            I would also check the item when it arrives back, just in case its not the same or has been used in some way. I always take pictures of serial numbers on any electrical stuff or marks on other stuff so that if a buyer decides they want a refund or that the item is faulty i can check to make sure they haven't swapped it out for a dudd that they already had. I don't trust buyers on ebay since about 6 yrs ago i got ripped off 3 times in the space of 1 yr, & since then I've had at least 1 or 2 buyers a yr trying to mess me about.
                            I just wish there was a better place to sell my stuff

Comment

Isn't it time eBay were taken to trading standards?

Comment

Need some advice over an Xbox One console i sold (its the 1TB COD model). I sold it to someone on ebay on the 22/11/14 and the person has got in touch with me saying that it has become faulty over the past weekend, it will not read discs. I cannot find the receipt to send on and they want a refund. It was a private sale, was fully working and has been up for at least a month and until last week. I think im quite right to refuse a refund as its been over a month, i have recommended them to contact Microsoft. Where do i stand in this regard?

Comment

Working...
                                X