Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay, your loss is my amusement this morning mate. All enjoying a giggle in the office at your misfortune. Astonishing technical support from Microsoft.

Comment

Yup, pretty awful generally. But the big thing is that it just shouldn't have happened in the first place and only happened because the world has decided it's going to milk us for subscription fees rather than just selling us stuff. Software you need shouldn't just decide you no longer have access.

Although the amusing aside here is that the only reason I was opening up Word to begin with (and indeed the only reason I have a subscription to Office) is that people send me docx files on a regular basis and I was opening it up so I could copy and paste the text into OpenOffice which, to me, is a much better programme and has all the strengths of old Word with none of the rubbish.

Comment

The heat. It's too much. Although, having the fan blowing at me when playing Dead Island last night was pretty realistic!

Comment

Dogg Thang. I just use an old version of MS 2003 with docx filters. Works perfectly in Win8.1
          Or you could probably just use the free official MS Word Viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ails.aspx?id=4

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            The heat. It's too much. Although, having the fan blowing at me when playing Dead Island last night was pretty realistic!
            No way man. Love it. It makes the exercise a bit tough though.

Comment

Exercise is a killer, as is sleep.

Comment

Idiot sellers on Amazon and eBay who think that it's a good idea to send GBA, SNES, N64 (or any cardboard) games in jiffy bags/bubble mailers. It drives me mad!

AND

Stupid item descriptions. For example:

"Like new! NEVER BEEN PLAYED! Still has factory vapour/aura......cart only"
                Last edited by Zaki; 24-06-2014, 20:29.

Comment

Me too. I'm sweating like Jimmy & Rolf in a kiddies hospice, but I'm lovin it (the heat I mean )

Comment

Severe toothache, quick dentist appointment and... my tooth is beyond saving. It's more machine than tooth now.

Comment

The bionic tooth!? Does it chew in ultra slow-mo?

Comment

No, mostly it's just like the T-1000 only more solid and now with cracks and holes in it and a lot of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                          I'm sweating like Jimmy & Rolf in a kiddies hospice, but I'm lovin it (the heat I mean )
                          So wrong, but had to smirk. We're past the longest day now, not a fan of the heat me. Sitting in an air-conditioned office between 8.30 and 5.30 each day helps.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          No, mostly it's just like the T-1000 only more solid and now with cracks and holes in it and a lot of pain.
                          And don't forget the wallet damage to top your day off totally.

Comment

4 cars driving down my road. All four drivers had an iPhone resting on the top of the steering wheel, trying to text or something.

I therefore conclude that
                            A) All iPhone owners that drive are divs.
                            B) Outliers happen.

Comment

Sky keep calling with offers two to three times a day. I just told to guy "this is the third call today and I've said we've joined virgin so can..." he hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                                And don't forget the wallet damage to top your day off totally.
                                I know. That's one of the worst parts. I knew the tooth wasn't in good condition but was holding off because of the cost of going to the dentist and now it's irreparable. So now I have to pay to lose a tooth. Seems like you should only have to pay if they can make it better...

Comment

Working...
                                X