No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are my second favourite shoe of all time, in the women's Hot Lime colourway though. The re-issues are nothing like the original model at all. The air bubble is now quite a lot smaller, the rear sole unit is entirely different, and the tongue is much longer than in 1991. This is due to a lawsuit from Avia, which accused Nike of copying its Cantilever technology. I sold a deadstock pair of OG's in the Ultramarine colourway in 2001 for ?800.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Way way back before half of you were born, I had these awesome Lakers Converse - http://www.sneakernoize.com/2011/12/...rse-la-lakers/

They got wrecked after a while and my mum insisted on plastering this white shoe paint stuff all over them. It was like they were covered in Tippex and they were never the same.

Edit: about a year ago I bought these to go with a tracksuit for a thing and they reminded me a touch of my old Converse. Just a touch. There is a right one to go with it. Somewhere...

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 28-09-2013, 17:24.

Comment

Fooking lurve my 180's and force 180s. They dont make em like they used to Tinker Hatfield was ahead of his time. Just waiting for 2015 when we'll get autolacing shoes

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          They are my second favourite shoe of all time, in the women's Hot Lime colourway though. The re-issues are nothing like the original model at all. The air bubble is now quite a lot smaller, the rear sole unit is entirely different, and the tongue is much longer than in 1991. This is due to a lawsuit from Avia, which accused Nike of copying its Cantilever technology. I sold a deadstock pair of OG's in the Ultramarine colourway in 2001 for ?800.
          Awesome. I wore ?800 shoes. I used them for XC racing Trashed.

Comment

Nike love ****ing up their retro re-releases which makes the OG versions even more sought after, especially if they're in wearable condition.

BTW, greatest shoe of all time, Nike AM90 Infrareds
            Last edited by bash; 28-09-2013, 18:35.

Comment

Got these in black too and love them. Swapped the laces over though as the white originally came with white laces (and the black with black) but they look way better swapped.

Edit - found them

Last edited by mr_sockochris; 28-09-2013, 19:52.

Comment

That's a lovely shoe. This thread is bad ass.

Comment

Onitsuka tigers Mexico 66. Only trainers I buy now.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                    Nike love ****ing up their retro re-releases which makes the OG versions even more sought after, especially if they're in wearable condition.

BTW, greatest shoe of all time, Nike AM90 Infrareds
                    You mean Air Max III. The colourway is good, but the shoe itself is poor. The rear sole paint will crack and start to break down from the moment you first put them on. The sides follow soon after. After a fortnight they look like you've had them on everyday for three years. An incredibly hard to keep looking new model is the AMIII.

The greatest shoe Nike have ever made is the Air Max Racer from 1995. Nothing can touch it, and it will never be reissued. Ever.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-09-2013, 20:34.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mine- look-a-like locoroco characters a bonus!

Comment

I want this.

Comment

Cw is good?!? Joe it's a Fricking revelation!

Comment

Well so I don't feel left out this is my current line up...

My old faithfuls & most favourite Trainer style of all time...

My other well worn comfy day to dayers...

My latest pick ups which were a ?15 bargain & the first pair of hi-tops in probably about 18 years.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              Cw is good?!? Joe it's a Fricking revelation!
                              I prefer the OG Women's cw. It's easily my favourite AM3. They've reissued the infrared's too many times now, everyone's got them. The weren't even called infrared in 1990. The original colour is "Hyvent Orange".
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-09-2013, 21:40.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I remember having these as a kid in secondary school around 1991

I was so pleased as previously I'd had goal and hi-tec trainers, you got so much **** for having crap trainers, I can still remember the look on this little twats face who had been ripping the **** out of me for my crap shoes, I wore them till they fell to bits and then moved onto black converse (which where super cheap in the 90s) and para boots to match my rock look lol.

These could be picked up for under ?20 at this cheap shoe shop we used to go too they weren't the inn thing really until Brit pop stuff hit and then you couldn't move for addidas samba and stuff like this.

I remember getting **** for these too but I wasn't as placid by this point, a few fights and I never got he comments again, god school sucked.

Famous army stores saw me coming lol you couldn't move in our local rock club without bumping into people with these mine had bright green laces and went well with my ripped jeans and nirvana tshirts lol

Last edited by Lebowski; 28-09-2013, 22:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X