No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the V8 Interceptor would be sweet indeed. Nice choice.

Comment

20% of all toys including Lego at smyths toy shop

including all force awakens Lego
      and I hope the Death Star UCS as I'm sure it's not retired and there's a couple in my local shop.

on till Monday
      Gonna have a drive over in the morning to see what's worth picking up

Comment

If they have any Lego Sea Cows, please get me one

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          If they have any Lego Sea Cows, please get me one
          Yep they do

its an unreal build bought that year and half ago for the youngest son birthday
          think I need about 5 or 6 to complete all the Lego movie sets

Comment

Man, I am so far from a Smyths. I'd probably get one at 20% off, especially if (in my dreams) it wasn't at RRP to begin with. I know they had clearance prices on some Movie stuff, like Benny's SPACESHIP for ?50.

Been after it for ages but couldn't justify ?170.

In rumour news, there's a lot of talk on GAF about a 4,600 (!!) piece Ghostbusters HQ being released next year, based on the original movie.

Comment

Didn't have the sea cow in anyway matey
              I would of picked it is for u if u wanted one

the shop was heaving, Lego was hammered as I expected, was sorely tempted by the deathstar at ?220 after discount
              But the box had been resealed and was slightly tatty as its probably been there for a few years
              but if it's still there Monday I might see if they'll knock a bit of because of the box damage its worth a try
              I'll just claim I like perfect condition stuff lol

Comment

Haha, never mind, it probably would have cost as much to ship it as the discount was

I'm resigned to never getting one, to be honest. They had one in a shop here for aaaaaages and I was checking it now and then to see if it ever got reduced to clear because it was just gathering dust, but now it's gone. No idea if it ever got reduced in the end or not, there's just Chima where it used to sit. So sad.

I guess double VIP points on the LEGO site is my last chance to get it cheaper than RRP, but even that would only reduce it to ?153 so I'm going to have to give it some thought... especially when I still have three modulars to buy there which will set me back about ?370!

I quite want the Ideas Birds as well, and the Winter Village, and oh my god my wallet.

Comment

The Lego birds is very nice and sits on my cat keep off glass TV unit lol
                  along with the camper van, ghostbusters car, skyhopper, Lord buisness lair and a couple of others
                  the cat has a habit of lying in the most ridiculous places and knocking stuff onto the floor without any care in the world lol
                  maybe that's for another thread

the more I think about it the more I need to grab that deathstar as I won't find it that cheap ever. Even though I don't really want it there's way more to buy ATM if I'm honest

plus hoth base UCS in January. Hope I don't like it as it'll be another ?270 set
                  also had the sandcrawler at ?200 after discount aswell

im pleased that I'm not into the modulars though I'd be homeless lol

Comment

You'd have plenty of homes, they'd just be really really small

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                      Still waiting for a couple of parts to allow for the part III version bonnet to be replaced. I might share some of my other bricklinked builds since I'm in the mood.
                      Finally got those parts, so this is the result. Not as solid as I'd hoped due to the slightly off angles, but at least I didn't have to revert to the stepped bonnet.

Comment

Picked up the first of the Lego Star Wars force returns sets Reys speeder, plus the polybag CP3O from toys r us
                        went there only to get CP3O
                        i have zero idea why anyone in there right mind would shop at tsrus, if there's more than one person in the queue u may aswell just order a takeaway as its come quicker. I'm sure they dredge the river to employ some of these muppets. Terrible wait times

also reserved force awakens, millennium falcon, X wing and tie fighter from Argos on there 3for2 on toys saving a whopping ?60
                        only thing is I used the wife's email and got it wrong. So she was standing like a tit trying to sort it out didn't get anywhere though
                        and I choose the only store in the northeast that had Poes Xwing in stock. Now I need to try to reserve again tomorrow when they release the 3 sets later tonight/tomorrow arghhhhhhh

Comment

I got Rey's Speeder a while back - I like the design regardless of whether the movie sucks or not. I had a problem with the stickers though, one of the orange stripes had a crease/bubble under it, I tried to flatten it down by buffing with a smooth cloth, and it wiped off the ink on the edge. Looked awful.

I waited for the sets to be parted out on Bricklink and then ordered two replacement sticker sheets (just in case). The ones I received had different colour tones to my original one though - the orange was too pale, so I ended up peeling off the other stripes too so I could get consistency.

And I'm still not satisfied because now I see the stickers don't match the orange tiles anymore, which they used to do just fine.

Comment

I've never had any Lego, always used to get K'nex as a kid but I'm really wanting some lego recently and some of the movie tie ins and the architecture ones look great. I just want something that'll take me a few days to build but not cost a ridiculous amount.

I'm thinking I might go for the Wall E one released recently but I can't imaging that'll take too long to put together. Thought about Cinderellas castle too because I can just give it to my nieces to play with after I've put it together but it looks horrible :/
                            Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 25-09-2015, 23:50.

Comment

You could do Wall-e in a couple of hours easily, but I spread it out over three or four days. The bulk of the body is actually pretty monotonous to put together so you'll want to take a break. I did the tracks the next time, then the head, and finally the arms. Those parts were all interesting to assemble.

It's certainly one of the more impressive sets when it's put together, my wife even wants it out on display and not relegated to my cave.

Comment

Cool, I might order it today then.

After about an hour of battling with Argos I managed to get 3 of the architecture range on reserve, 2 to collect today and 1 in a few days, I'll be picking up later assuming I can pay for all three otherwise I don't get the 3 for 2 offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X