Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    I actually found I was able to order it from Amazon (thank god) - not dispatched yet mind you so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. The lego nutters over at neogaf are claiming the wider release has been postponed to fix a weak neck issue or something. Sounds dubious to me.
    The neck feels okay to me, maybe it won't stand up to constant play but I can't imagine they could consider postponing a release when clearly all the stock is already produced and in shops. At worst I imagine they'd just send people the few parts they'd need to strengthen the neck and edit the online instructions.

Good luck on getting yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
      where did you guys pick this up?
      I got mine off eBay, as it was only a couple of ? more than what the price is supposed to be.

I've checked the seller, and they have no stock left unfortunately.

Darwock - nice custom build there. That's good enough for a retail release!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        That's really cool and reminds me that I meant to say that I recently went to Norfolk and visited Wroxham Miniature Worlds.

I'm a sucker for a model village and this was brilliantly done and broken down into sections like Europe, Briatain and Japan. Each one was animated and lit and had a list of things to look for. It was really good fun and there was even an emulator corner!

There was also a brilliant Lego section with a load of kits and rare Minifigs. Again the scenes had lots of things to spot (Cyberman having lunch, Batman looking for his Batmobile and so on).
        All the pics are on my camera, which I can add at a later date if people want to see, but here's someone else's photo of the town.

Have a look at the back - there's your shop, along with window cleaner and roof sign!

We went to a place like that in Hamburg, it was properly amazing.

Comment

My Amazon order for Wall-e shipped as soon as the calendar hit September 1st, so if the release was postponed Lego forgot to tell Amazon. I was hopeful of getting the 'fixed' one, but never mind.

Comment

Problem seems to be that the rotation is a bit loose, so at certain angles the head tips backwards. It's a non-issue really because it's really easy to avoid.

A fix would be cool but it doesn't really feel "broken"

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
              I got mine off eBay, as it was only a couple of ? more than what the price is supposed to be.

I've checked the seller, and they have no stock left unfortunately.

Darwock - nice custom build there. That's good enough for a retail release!
              cheers. got on from eBay too.

Comment

Picked my wall.E from the metro centre tonight, when I took the youngest to the monthly build

They had a one only per person per household on it
                it seems insane value at ?40 compare to the Big Bang theory at ?50

still want the BBT but wait till it's about ?30 before grabbing it as i think that all it's worth tbh

Comment

I'd say it's very unlikely the BBT set drops below ?50. The Ideas sets don't tend to fall below RRP (exo-suit aside) and this one is based on a very strong licence. It's a rubbish looking set but you're paying for the minifigures.

Comment

I can wait as I'm in no hurry to own it, other than having all the ideas sets
                    number 11 is doctor who? As BBT is 10 and wallE is 12

might have a trip again to metro venter tomorrow to check out the force awakens sets
                    don't own a millennium falcon yet......

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
                      I can wait as I'm in no hurry to own it
                      It's not so much about being okay to wait, more that if you wait you're taking a risk. My guess would be that it will go out of print before it goes down in price. The Delorean has a similar cult following and look at that now - albeit it's a better set. I reckon BBT sets will be pretty popular Christmas gifts this year and in January they'll be hen's teeth.

Comment

@ toythatkills

Love the Grand Emporium! I could get right into collecting that range. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Ha, yeah, my advice would be not to buy one because then you'll have five and you'll be like "what the hell just happened?!"

Comment

This is the last of my bricklinked customs (not including mods to existing sets and stands etc).

It started as another person's Ideas project for the 1989 Batmobile that I was supporting, but it failed to reach the target. The creator of that project is (I believe) selling instructions and part lists through Facebook, but where is the fun in that? I'd heard a lot about the LDD software, so I installed it and mocked it up digitally using the project photos. That gave me the key parts and basic shape, but there was a lot I didn't like so I stripped it down and basically rebuilt it from the inside out.

It was a lot of work actually, I got obsessed with it over the course of four days while my family was away, haven't got the building bug like that since my LBP days. Really really chuffed with the end result though. For a long time I thought I wouldn't be able to fit Batman inside, but there was a hallelujah moment after I'd finished when I realized I could lower the floor where he sits, and ended up doing the whole thing over again.

I also had a great time making instructions, just for myself, but I wanted to make it as logical a building process as I could, and also confirm there were no mistakes before I ordered all the parts so I made a full PDF just as if this was a real set.

Things I didn't like about the original Ideas project - no angle to the fins, the rear end was too square, I didn't like the greebling on the side or the wheels. I used my Tomica model as a reference when redesigning the shape (and an unbuilt Pla-mo kit I have as well).

There are colour changes, I experimented with a few things - to be more accurate it would be nearly all black, but it actually doesn't look very good like that. The models I have add some silver highlights that don't reflect the movie version, and I did the same just to bring in some visual interest to it.

Here it is next to the Tomica mini version:

The redesigned rear end (to get the triangular indentation under the jet and the subtle angles to the fins):

The canopy lifts right off to give access to put Batman in the cockpit. I had to order two different Batman figures though as I needed the 1989 style body, but the soft cape of the newer version so it wouldn't crinkle up when he sat down:

My favorite addition (secret play feature) is visible here, along with the Batarang holders on each side:

The secret revealed! The grappling hook threads through a technic brick and winds around an axle hidden under the bonnet - you can wind it up by turning the nose cone:

It's a pity I couldn't put a hook on each side, but there was no way to wind them both in using the same mechanism. A lot of my memories of this car come from the ZX Spectrum game of the movie, and in that game the car always turned left - so I put it on that side.

And lastly, next to the Ecto-1 to show how perfectly matched they are. It's a pity the Delorean doesn't quite blend in with these two. There is only one famous movie car of importance to me that I don't have in Lego now, and it's another popular build, but I don't think I will try and make it just yet.

Comment

What's the car? Herbie? The A-Team van? KITT?

Comment

No, but those would be good also! It's a bit more predictable - Mad Max's interceptor. There are a few nice versions out there already, but none that have really grabbed me.

The A-Team van... now there's a juicy prospect

Comment

Working...
                                X