Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you were in Led Zeppelin and putting the ages in your lyrics:

"She ain't but sixteen, and she's my rider"... could be forgiven since Robert Plant was 18/19 at the time but:

"she was only three years old, it's a real fine way to start"...

Someone call Phil Collins, we need Nonce Sense!

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
      I'm surprised that most of the rock bands from the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's, & a lot of actors from that era haven't been up on fiddlin charges considering the amount of teenage girls that were throwing themselves at them, not that they were to know they were under age to be fair
      I think this will open the gates to more people coming forward as it becomes clear that these people aren't above the law.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 01-07-2014, 12:38.

Comment

I guess the difference is because, in the groupies case, they were "throwing themselves at them", as opposed to Harris, where he forced himself upon children and people who didn't want him groping them.

He was having an affair with his cleaner under his wife's nose too.

I can't help but wonder if, whilst mid-coitus, he made those noises?
        "Ah hmm haffa hey, haffa hum, haffa hey, hmm diddy ah um ah"

Here he is, shamelessly asking kids to try "The white stuff"
        Ban this sick filth!

Comment

That's the thing, most bands and singers have been left well alone and I'd be amazed if it isn't rife and awkward territory. There'll be so many 15 and 16 year old girls tarted up and throwing themselves at the latest teenybop idol only to years later regret it that it makes it really hard to judge in a sense as its unfeasable for said act to age check everyone they boink. Especially when claims date so far back. Certainly an area you'd expect more cases to be coming from. I'd be amazed if One Directions members haven't boinked an underage girl or two for example... Well, not Harry of course... He likes the old spinster type

Comment

Has anybody opened an investigation into Tom Jones? Do it now, before he escapes his punishment via death.

Comment

I think Operation Yewtree has hit Phil Cool the hardest. Half his stock repertoire of 70s/80s celeb impersonations are now a no go area.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                Has anybody opened an investigation into Tom Jones? Do it now, before he escapes his punishment via death.
                they could call it operation coffin dodger

Comment

Is such a shame this all came to light properly once Saville had passed away and he didn't get the opportunity to spend a few years in prison.

What has Tom Jones ever done to you Darwock never heard his name come up in association with any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I guess the difference is because, in the groupies case, they were "throwing themselves at them", as opposed to Harris, where he forced himself upon children and people who didn't want him groping them.
                    I actually think this is a bit different. I think for many of those girls, they probably didn't come forward for many years because there's a shameful perception that if they got "tarted up" (for lack of a better term, crude though it may be in this case) and went to a music star's dressing room after a show, anything that happened to them therein was their own fault, rather than that of the musician.

We'll probably see a few more come forward in the next couple of years, as it becomes clear that people won't just shame them into silence - even if they did throw themselves into that situation of their own doing, they were children at the time, and children can't be expected to make those sorts of decisions and have to deal with the consequences if things go wrong. That's why the age of consent exists; not just because the idea of children engaging in those activities with adults is held with disgust.

I seem to remember when I was in Japan, we were told to consider their age as 21, because we were working as teachers. This is because they didn't have a firm age, but instead judged things case-by-case, and as teachers, it could be seen as improper to have relations with anyone who was still at an age where they could be expected to be in full-time education. Conversely, a builder could be with someone significantly younger, because they weren't in that position of power with vulnerable people - but a doctor couldn't be. It's a totally different approach.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, to clarify, I meant that girls who push themselves onto the rock stars, ie "groupies", not innocent, star-struck fans who end up doing things they don't want to. The latter scenario will inevitably come out, but it's more likely to be the odd one or two cases, rather than the serial predators that most of these high-profile celebrity cases.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, to clarify, I meant that girls who push themselves onto the rock stars, ie "groupies", not innocent, star-struck fans who end up doing things they don't want to.
                        I know what you meant; what I meant was that even if those girls did "push themselves onto" their idols, if they were underage, their attitude makes no difference. Legally they weren't regarded as equipped to make that decision, and could report the celebrity as having taken advantage of them (it all hinges on the same thing - a minor cannot consent to those sorts of things, even if at the time they were absolutely for it).

Of course, that's only if they want to. Not everyone who loses their virginity at 16 considers themselves "violated". Some people go into it totally willingly and don't regret it at all, irrespective of what happens in their later lives. I would imagine that many people who have grown up in the UK in the last 30 years lost theirs before 17.
                        Last edited by Asura; 01-07-2014, 15:14.

Comment

It could work both ways. Genuine under age people/groupees who were abused/raped may come forward, as may some ****ed up under age individuals who threw themselves at their idols, only to now realise yrs later they could make a bit of money out of what was a concentual encounter.

"how old are ya love?"
                          "17, honest"
                          "ok love there's grass on the pitch, get on ya back"

Comment

I thought exactly the same as you, that it's just a lot of hot air over nothing and he'd be found innocent, but it turns out the details of what he got up to are a lot worse than we thought.

It seemed like he'd had an affair with his daughter's friend when she was 18 or 19, but the court found him guilty of grooming her from the age of 13.
                            This. From what I read Rolf groomed his friends kid from a very young age and then he wrote the family a letter saying 'sorry' - oh yeah Rolf you ****, that'll suffice, sure they were like 'guess we'll forget you raped our daughter and carry on with our lives'.

One of THE most ****ed up things I readwas Rolf's DAUGHTER still accompanied him to court.

W
                            T
                            F

If a relative of mine had done this he'd be on his ****ing own and probably get a good kickin'.

Comment

i always thought there was some sort of evil in his eyes despite the loveable character he portrayed on TV. It's the eyes that usually show whether one has more good or evil in their soul.

Comment

mmm a bloke in a mac singing about his third leg, nope that's fine

Comment

Working...
                                X