So halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    costumes that don't conform to any sensible fire regulations.
    I read your post in my Rhod Gilbert voice and this bit cracked me up

Comment

My girlfriend is big into Halloween, and is off to Tokyo Disneyland with her sister this year for it. Because of this we did a pre-Halloween shindig this weekend. Here's some of the stuff that got made:

If that wasn't enough, on Sunday I'm off to see Akira Yamaoka performing Silent Hill music too!

Comment

Love the top one!

Comment

We've been decorating our house with scary pictures!!

Comment

I've always kinda wanted to do something on Halloween but was usually too anti-social. Finally going out with a group to Shibuya tomorrow night. It's almost all girls, though, which is annoying.

Flicking through Amazon last night, I found a large enough Luigi costume which will arrive this afternoon so it gives me time to make adjustments for height if necessary. I wanted to look like a washed-up, alcoholic Luigi but I had to shave for work so I'll be a squeaky clean Luigi instead.

My original idea was a Spiderman costume with socks shaped into a willy and balls then stuffed in the pants but they were out of stock. Maybe next year!

Comment

Ha, Spider-Man and Snake-Boy, his trusty assistant!

I'm going to a scare maze tonight. I'm not really up for it because I've got the house to myself and would rather be chillaxin', but somehow, I've ended up organising it, so have to go.

I'll be alright once I'm there.

Comment

YEAH!

The Luigi costume is really, really cheap. And I'm gonna have to figure out what I can wear under it to keep warm and I'm gonna have to fix it up a bit. It'll be about 12'C tomorrow night. I might buy some orange ping pong balls from the 100Y shop to throw at people like fireballs.

Comment

The last time I saw ping pong balls being fired at people was in Thailand...

Comment

Just did some British 70s-style Halloween fun with the kids - bobbing for apples. The kids loved it and the twins were laughing like drains!

We all ended up soaked. Good clean fun!

Comment

My wife took my daughter out and they all had a lovely traditional Halloween. Apart from all of the Japanese and Thai food given there wasn't a single 100% British person there. I picked them up and it was tremendous fun, such a happy bunch of people.

Comment

I did the Hellfest scare maze on Friday and I actually really enjoyed it.
                        I was laughing the whole time at the people in our group squealing and jumping at the various scares and actors.
                        They'd converted an old industrial unit and created four themed areas, Jack the Ripper, lunatic asylum, futuristic warzone and so on.
                        They'd put a fair bit of effort into the theming although the insides were mainly darkened, tight corridors.
                        The actors were really getting into it and some people were singled out and plenty of people were running out of the room with the chainsaw maniac!

Oddly enough, I wasn't scared though. I guess I just wasn't in that frame of mind, but I was just laughing at everyone. I felt a bit bad at the people really trying to spook me, but couldn't stop laughing!

The queues were massive by the end, so I bailed to meet my mate and go and see a Black Sabbath tribute band, who were awesome!

So it was a good night, in the end!

Comment

It's that time of year again soon, we fluked out it seems as the main thing the missus wanted to do was pumpkins which we picked up a few weeks back. Long enough that they've - all but two - had to be thrown out since. Tried to get some replacements but stores don't seem to refresh stock so what they're selling it rotten, given it's technically food they should be forced to sell fresher stuff. We don't have cutting tools so they're all pretty crude efforts.

Jack Skellington

Oogie Boogie

Michael Myers and Knife

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-10-2019, 23:00.

Comment

Those are really well done especially as you used a knife, yeah pumpkins are kind of tricky as they tend to just get one lot in so if you go too late you get only the manky ones left but if you buy too early they tend to rot out. Been trying to get hold of the foam ones they sell in the usa as they look like a real pumpkin and you can carve them but as they are made from foam they never rot out.

Sadly this year i'll have to miss halloween as my friend is flying over from Boston so i wont be home for halloween this year.

Comment

Anyone got any spooky film plans for tonight?

I'll either skip it all for a bit more gaming or end up watching Halloween III: Season of the Witch again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I'll either skip it all for a bit more gaming or end up watching Halloween III: Season of the Witch again.
                                I haven't seen that in ages. Is it streaming anywhere? Doesn't seem to have had a UK blu release which is a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X