Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Interested to hear feedback on it, it's the only one I have on order now that my KO Sideswipe has arrived but Anime-Export still haven't billed me the shipping yet
    Will do buddy...just tracked & out for delivery today

Neil

EDIT - Realised that you might not have had your invoice from AE because the official release date is Saturday the 7th so I'm actually getting him early from Kapow.

I had an Email from TFS-Express last night stating the below regarding him..

Originally posted by TFS Express
    Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks is in stock. But we have been explicitly told that we cannot start shipping until the official release date (7th Nov). However, 7th is Saturday, most likely we will start the majority shipments on Monday.

So you might see your invoice over the weekend??
    Last edited by Soundwave; 05-11-2015, 09:01.

Comment

Tracks is here
      As usual no time to transform him but he's awesome

Some quick pics for now...

Really impressed with him, can't wait to get time to Transform him now

Neil

Comment

Very nice Soundwave. Looks great. Although I'm not home yet I know the parcel is as home waiting for me.

Still not done anything on Hotrod.

Comment

Nice, looks like he's turned out well. Lovely blue too. Will keep an eye out for my invoice as well, last time they never notified me.

Comment

Looks cool the car mode especially really like. From what I have seen on his reviews on YouTube by Optibotomus great transformation but robot mode not very bulky. Have the other end of the scale with Sideswipe good bulk but transformation really easy. I'm still on the look out for a Soundwave/Sideswipe/Grimlock when money is spare shame I did not see a Grimlock Japan when I last went .

Comment

Not particularly safe for work: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1138646

Comment

That almost makes me feel ill

MP30 Ratchet revealed

Comment

Red Bape Optimus MP

Comment

More shots of Clampdown

Comment

Yeah Ratchet & Ironhide aren't great but they are reasonably priced & for the money worth a shoot.

Voodoo Robots 3rd party versions are much better looking but at twice the price EACH then not worth it IMO
                      I will still have them both as they are important characters & needed.

I'm loving Clampdown though the Lambo mold just looks sooooo good.

Well I finally opened up Tracks & I took some time to transform him & I will say...I'm pretty underwhelmed by him.

He has a HUGE gap round the back which looks awful when viewed from the side & the way his arms are positioned with his wings means that it's almost impossible to get poses out of him without having to move the wings...they pretty much touch so anything other than a museum style pose makes for really odd looking wings & it's just a bit of a mess.

I'm actually really let down by him now, not what I was hoping for at all
                      Honestly he is probably my worst MP that I own (and I have original release MP-09!)

Hard to explain the weakness of the entire figure, I wanted him to be awesome as I have such vivid memories of playing with him as a kid & I have the Takara books edition still as well, he was an ultimate fave back in the day but this just not.

Here's my quick crappy pics...

Gapage...

I don't honestly think they could have minimised that gap in anyway but damn it's fugly.

And I finally got round to opening up my Bluestreak as well & there is just so much awesome in this mold that it's such a shame Tracks is so poor...

And some shots together...

I'm scared to try & pose Tracks because it means you have to fiddle with a ton of stuff to get him to balance & look right, the wings pretty much touch the shoulders so you have to move them around to pose the arms & you end up with weird posed wings to get into anything other than a museum pose
                      I'm terrified to try to get him back into alt mode, he was a pig to transform in the first place & I have enough trouble with Bluestreak as it is (those blasted legs!!!!) without faffing with his transformation too lol

All in all not a great figure but good enough if you don't want to fiddle & pose too much.

I do feel though that since Shogo Hasui was moved from the MP line to other projects the designs & quality have taken a step backwards (Tracks, Ratchet & Ironhide are prime examples here) especially when the 3P's are turning up the heat & thoroughly smashing Takara with the quality of their output & with figures we actually want these days that Takara seem reluctant to do

Neil
                      Last edited by Soundwave; 12-11-2015, 11:08.

Comment

Pictures aren't working, just broken links.

I lost faith in the MP line after the defective Prowl I got - pity, because Wheeljack was awesome and very sturdy. I won't bite on another unless it looks as sturdy as he was. Ratchet looks like he could be...

Comment

1. I'm scared by the muscular woman, but I like Ratchet.
                          2. Those pics don't work, Soundwave.
                          3. Do you remember when Megatron and Ratchet had a truce and performed the Rite of Oneness? I was kinda hoping Ratchet MP could remove his hand for this!
                          4. I'm glad he looks like the comic/cartoon version. The original toy had a windscreen face.

Comment

I really like that Ratchet.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                              Pictures aren't working, just broken links.

I lost faith in the MP line after the defective Prowl I got - pity, because Wheeljack was awesome and very sturdy. I won't bite on another unless it looks as sturdy as he was. Ratchet looks like he could be...
                              Fixed now...I tried to copy & paste from the pics I'd posted on AV Forums & they stick in some proxy thing that stops you linking them even thought they are from my Photobucket...took me longer to fix though as I'm at work & bosses were hovering for a LONG time

Sorry again for the broken stuff.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                4. I'm glad he looks like the comic/cartoon version. The original toy had a windscreen face.
                                If you look carefully at the windscreen of Ratchet & Ironhide in van mode you will see that the face behind the windscreen of the G1 toy is still present & correct

Few more pics as well...

Skid is also included as a homage to the G1 toy & the one episode of the cartoon where it actually appreared.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X