No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not convinced with the feet on Tracks, really don't like how they connect and how they work, such a shame because the others cars all have great feet.

Ratchet looks great though.

Comment

I never had Ratchet or Ironhide back in the day and never wanted them because I thought they looked pretty terrible in toy form. But I'm only realising now that they actually did look like humanoid robots. All of the images back then showed them on that bottom piece with the gun thing and I always thought that whole thing was one unit and that was some weird abstract shape robot. Didn't realise it was a humanoid robot on a separate thing.

Comment

Sideshow Daredevil Premium format!

Right first off the pose, this is a statue that needs to be seen in hand and appreciated from a full 360 degrees imo. Do wish they had done something more dynamic? Yes. Am i happy with this pose in hand. Yes. If you are 50/50 on the pose i urge you to check it out in hand or at an LCS it's faaaar better in hand than pics can show.

Sculpt and paints are really nice also, the sculpt especially the texture of the suit and face sculpt are fantastic, i honestly think the face sculpt is perfect. The base is done really well also with the statue having a weather look but having a new/clean concrete look where its broken, really well done.

Yes the billy clubs are too small and it definitely should have been addressed but it doesn't detract from the statue over all at all.

Also this has one the fattest fat pegs I've seen, its all metal and is pretty much the depth of the entire base, not saying it's not gonna lean but it hopefully shouldn't.

Anyone who is a DD fan but is on the fence about pose, go and have a look at him, i'm sure you'll change your mind one you see him.

Comment

Shooting Game Historica 2 full set.

Comment

Are you going to open them?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Are you going to open them?!
              Oh yeah..

Comment

Alisia (from God Eater), and Fate Blaze Mode Full Drive (from Magical Lyrical Nanoha) both arrived today.

Comment

"We are proud to welcome a long-awaited, frequently requested addition to NECA?s line of classic video game tribute figures ? as well as the first appearance of non-movie-based characters in the series. This special edition 2-pack from the fan favorite video game Contra includes Bill and Lance in an homage to their 8-bit glory days with Konami.

Standing approximately 7? tall, the figures have all new head sculpts and ?pixilated? paint deco. The set includes custom-designed weapons based on the classic game; detachable blast effects for the weapons; and that infamous power-up capsule with a clear support stand for ?floating? effect. Special window box packaging recreates the look of the classic game cartridge."

Read more:*http://necaonline.com/54536/products...#ixzz3tUGmmWWp

Comment

Courtesy of TF Upgrader on Facebook, we have our first look at a render of the upcoming Masterpiece Optimus Primal.  This figure was announced back in June, but thanks to this new magazine scan, we see a more accurate depiction of what is coming for this first Beast Wars Masterpiece figure! Check out the image...

Renders have been released of Beast Wars Optimus Masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/21/m...-render-307029

If say this is a real misstep for the masterpiece line, beast wars toys always looked crap, also it's not a very difficult thing to make as its just a beast shell with a robot inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/21/m...-render-307029

Still not really impressed with this change of focus.

I want the MP line to focus on G1 lines only not dilute with stuff like this.

I still have my Beast Wars collection & while it's not great now they were pretty impressive at the time & more than suitable for any display really.

Neil

EDIT - Plus the BW Optimus is a REALLY UGLY bot & Monkey, just a bad move on Takara's part IMO

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Alisia (from God Eater), and Fate Blaze Mode Full Drive (from Magical Lyrical Nanoha) both arrived today.
                          Those look fantastic. Wow.

Comment

If you guys didn't know Imaginarium Art have the G1 license for statues. Heres their first statues in concept form.

They have done some awesome stuff already with the Marvel and DC licenses i think they could knock the G1 license out the park.

Size is around the 18 inch scale so 1/4 but not 1/4 if you get me

Comment

Sooooo it seems there is going to be a 1/6th Scale Lollipop Chainsaw Juliet figure coming out...

I honestly DID NOT see that happening

Neil

Comment

That seems really.... belated

I like the look of the TF statues but part of the joy of the MPs is the vehicle modes so I think I'll be sticking with those

Comment

Working...
                                X