This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been passed on the pavement by a guy on one of these

The IO Hawk (pictured) was designed by California-based John Soibatian and costs $1,799 (£1,185). It has a maximum speed limit of 6.2mph (10km/h).

Looked great, but only 6mph and ?1200 make it not ideal.

Comment

I'm one oath ceremony away from dual citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
        Just been passed on the pavement by a guy on one of these

The IO Hawk (pictured) was designed by California-based John Soibatian and costs $1,799 (£1,185). It has a maximum speed limit of 6.2mph (10km/h).

Looked great, but only 6mph and ?1200 make it not ideal.
        Or for ?350, you could have a 25mph longboard, controlled via a phone app (tilt): http://ridemarbel.com/products/marbel-board or similar.

Comment

That's just the deposit charles...

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
            My co-worker has one of these, though I think it's a 12" model. I have an i7 T530 with 8GB of RAM and I'd swap in a heartbeat for the extra portability.
            If it is the same generation as this, then it would probably be a X220. You can get those with an IPS display too. Lovely machine, but after having the X61s with a 1024x768 display for so long I wanted something with a better resolution. Id like to move away from my desktop if possible too, as I use it far too much...

Comment

The resolution is a huge compromise on those smaller machines, meaning that you have to get very clever with setting up Visual Studio to get any sort of meaningful space for the code editor. I'd be game for trying, if only to lessen the load of what I occasionally have to carry around.

Today's smiley thing: seeing an opinionated and occasionally arrogant developer managing to bring the whole site down at work with his deployment. He can roll it back, but there's a certain schadenfreude in watching someone usually so sure of themselves coming a cropper in front of everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                That's just the deposit charles...
                lol.... glad I've got you looking after me. Where are my pipe and slippers. I'm off to shout at the neighbour's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  The resolution is a huge compromise on those smaller machines, meaning that you have to get very clever with setting up Visual Studio to get any sort of meaningful space for the code editor. I'd be game for trying, if only to lessen the load of what I occasionally have to carry around.
                  You seen the new W series? They're bulkier than your T530, or should be about the same, but with a 3K screen! Mmm

Comment

Drove up to Manchester yesterday for work.

Furthest distance I've ever driven. Was good.

Before work today I managed a sneaky stop off at Old Trafford to grab a couple of photos.

Home now. Going to have a nice cuddle with the wife and our son.

Comment

TMI, BRO! TMI!

Comment

Lol advert for shampoo came on and a warning in the bottom left said "please do not shampoo your eyes"

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          Lol advert for shampoo came on and a warning in the bottom left said "please do not shampoo your eyes"
                          But what if they're dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                            What I ordered:

What I got:

This Sorry noobish, but that's actually made my day

Comment

A good Friday. Not the bogus religious day, just a really good Friday.

Had a good sleep, run 5km at lunchtime followed by a Waitrose lunch, fun day in the office and only 20 minutes till home time! Woo hoo!

Comment

finished work in the pub. flight home at 20.20. Edinburgh festival tomorrow. no **** cake. it's a good Friday indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X