Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next PC upgrade is from a 4 year old OCZ Agility 3 SSD to a 850 Evo.

The 850 Pro must be a world apart from an old mechanical hard drive. Didn't the nerd in you benchmark boot up time etc before and after?

Comment

I've used SSDs since forever, so not really! Plus I'm not fully done configuring Windows yet.

Supposedly Windows 10 would boot even faster, but I'll stay on 7 for now.
      Last edited by speedlolita; 14-08-2015, 13:17.

Comment

Yes I'm still on W7 too, must make the "leap" at some point.

Smile, has been announced that Boy George is replacing Tom Jones on the voice, smile due to comments like this,

Great, having a convict on the show who chained a male prostitute to a radiator & beat them up. Nice one BBC..........
        And to think they sacked Clarkson for less.

We are super excited to announce the full Voice UK Coach line-up for the fifth series, with two huge, brand-spanking new additions!

Comment

Can't bear Boy George so that can be my reason for not watching that show this season. Not sure what my previous reasons were.

Comment

People who button-mash fighting games have so much more fun. I can't even remember the last time I played a fighting game and wasn't frustrated trying to pull off moves/combos/whatever.

Comment

Just booked the flights for next February's trip to Tokyo.

Managed to get direct flights Heathrow->Haneda with ANA for ?475 person!

That's insanely good. The cheapest flight available included a mammoth 17 hour stopover and was ?25 more!

Comment

Finding out this morning that I've got a 3 day weekend
                Going bouquet shopping tomorrow morning, then dropping some cash on an action cam to feel more manly.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Managed to get direct flights Heathrow->Haneda with ANA for ?475 person!
                  Sweet! How did you find them? Did you book directly with ANA? I'm planning a trip back to the UK early next year. We have a friend at BA who can get me a discount but it'd be good to keep my options open.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Sweet! How did you find them? Did you book directly with ANA? I'm planning a trip back to the UK early next year. We have a friend at BA who can get me a discount but it'd be good to keep my options open.
                    Stumbled upon them when searching on Expedia. Strangely their price was ?5 cheaper per person than buying direct.

Comment

Usually I use Expedia, Sky Scanner, etc, to check the prices over a month, say, then check directly and book that way but yeah, I sometimes find that happens. Also, one less company involved in the sale is usually a good thing(less opportunity for them to pass the buck when there's a problem!).

Well done!

Comment

Having to spend an increasing amount of my time at work dealing with customer complaints due to our company's unbelievably brain dead insistence on unremitting corner cutting and cost reduction, all at the expense of quality, of course. This work is actually easier for me, and means that for my entire day's work, the company earnt not a penny. I cannot wait for this place to crash and burn. I'll be right there warming my hands by the flames.

Comment

The look on my friends face when I gave him a ps4 for his bday.

Comment

My friends have never given me a PS4 for my birthday. Actually I was about to write a big complaint about this and then remembered that my friends (as limited as they are) have generally been very good to me on my birthday. A PS4 is a treat though!

Comment

Wow, that's incredibly generous, FBH! What a great chum you are!

Unless you're trying to make up for past transgressions.

Erm, you didn't run over his cat and make love to his sister did you?

...or vice versa.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-08-2015, 11:38.

Comment

Finally got myself a PAL copy of my favourite anime series on DVD! Stoked, I haven't seen the second season or movie yet so once I get the movie on DVD I'm gonna do a chronological watch of every episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X