Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that Twitter case with Japjac though, why didn't the writer just say - fine, we are pulling the feature as you're such a massive twat- rather than slagging him off of Twitter?

Comment

True that, although the twitter thing was probably more entertaining than the article. Not the most professional action, but hey.....

Comment

Walked away from my job of 14 years today (consultant for IBM) to go full time self-employed. What a great feeling \o/

Have a race on Sunday for which I've been training, so January was pretty dry.

The combination of a birthday, leaving corporate slavery and a personal best on race day will be heady! I'll probably fall over after 1 glass of champagne. I've also nailed down Friday 6th March for a 50 mile run (so far, one person wants to join me) which is making me smile now, but will no doubt be making me cry on the day.

Comment

Dude! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Did you ever ask about that phone for me, Randombs?
            Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Which one?
              This one.

It's a Sharp Aquos SH-10C, which would be awesome if the bloody thing turned on!

Comment

How did you get blocked?
                No idea - swearing I expect??

Big up man dem Charles for ditching IBM.

Comment

Why don't you swear again? Then you'll know for sure.

Comment

This one.

Released in 2011.

Comment

Yes, that's the one.

I don't see how telling me the release date fixes it though?

Comment

At the very least it proves kryss isn't spying on our pm's

Seeing as I've been publicly outed, I might have another bash. How far did you get? Should I see what Japanese info I can find about factory resets and the like?

Comment

It just goes round in a bootup loop "Now Loading. Please Wait". I've tried what I think was a factory reset, but I either didn't do it properly or it didn't work. No stress, randombs, it's just no amount of Googling in English finds the answer.

I could've done with it whist waiting for my replacement screen as mentioned in the irks thread, but two good things have come out of it. Firstly, I've got the Xperia Play back out. Played me some Neo Geo 8-Man, PS1 Einhander and CPS2 Gigawing, just to "test" it still works.

Secondly, whilst shopping on eBay for replacement screens, I stumbled across a seller that writes really sarky remarks to anyone who dares to write bad feedback:

Buyer: Do not buy internationally from this seller. Absolutely ridiculous.
                          Reply: You paid for cheap shipping & expect next day? U live in Cuckoo land, not USA

Buyer: Useless company
                          Reply: You see a reflection of yourself in others.

Buyer: Very poorly handled transaction.
                          Reply: Too lazy to collect from depot. We could do no more.

Buyer: Bad attitude, bad parts and calls u a liar to try and keep refund. AVOID!!!
                          Reply: Returned a fake part. Kept our part. Police notified. Sellers should block

Buyer: Last one bought didn't even last a month.
                          Reply: When fitted CORRECTLY and not ABUSED they are fine. A level of IQ is required.

Buyer: didn't send right item,didn't admit his mistake and Refused to pay return cost
                          Reply: You got what you paid for.We don't pay postage for buyer mistakes.

Buyer: Worst seller ever. My item never arrived. Scammed seller. No response.
                          Reply: 3rd world post takes longer. Worst buyer ever. Pay more for fast post, not moan

Buyer: dat was niet wat ik besteld had en de verkoper was niet duidelijk
                          Reply: You should buy from Netherlands if you can't read English description.

Buyer: Oggetto non conforme alla oraginalita gia rotto venditore non da fidare
                          Reply: A certain amount of intelligence is required to fit. Lacking in your case.

Buyer: Delivery part is not compatible in Genuine Nokia 108 It's beeger
                          Reply: It's European version. You either have Asian version phone or fake phone.

Buyer: back cover was damaged keeps sliding off
                          Reply: Oh no, you lost ?1.05. (inc p&p). Don't lose sleep, it's refunded.

Comment

Excellent, no point beating about the bush - no puns needed QC!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              At the very least it proves kryss isn't spying on our pm's

Seeing as I've been publicly outed, I might have another bash. How far did you get? Should I see what Japanese info I can find about factory resets and the like?
                              Ah well, if there's a huge part of the conversation I'm not privy to...
                              お使いの携帯電話の「取扱説明書(PDF)」をダウンロードしてご覧になれます。

Manuals are there, page 526 is where the troubleshooting starts.

Is the battery connected properly? Are the DocomoUIM connections dirty?

Not really a lot of help.

Comment

To combat my work irk - I had a great conversation about a consultancy role that I'm supposed to be doing but not got off the ground. Turns out it's working for some guys who really really know their onions about certain technologies, and some of those technologies are ones that will put me in very good stead for the future if it all pays off. Going to be hard work though.

Also, my youngest did his first number 2 in his potty today - we marvelled at it for some time. Mainly because of the sheer size of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X