• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done mate, you seem really happy!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Update:

I GOT THE BLOODY JOB!!

Start 1st August. Pay rise, car, Monday - Friday. No bank holidays. Christmas off. Decent pension. Private health care.

Utterly over the moon.
      Nice work tedster!

Comment

Well done Teddy...I eagerly await your irk thread updates in a few months

Comment

I GOT THE BLOODY JOB!!
          Well congrats. Out of retail hell, that alone is something to celebrate!

Comment

Well done, Meowmix!

Stay away from Janine in the typing pool, she's a man-eater.

Comment

Congratulations, Teddy!

And it's so great you'll start after your baby is born so you can enjoy that time with them. Or will you still be working? I really hope not.

Anyway, my Friday is well and truly made

Comment

Someone just sent everyone in the office this message:

"There is a snake on the emergency staircase near the smoking area. Anyone using those stairs should be careful."

Comment

Congrats on the new job, Teddy!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Congratulations, Teddy!

And it's so great you'll start after your baby is born so you can enjoy that time with them. Or will you still be working? I really hope not.

Anyway, my Friday is well and truly made
                    Start after the baby is born. Very happy!

Comment

Update:

I GOT THE BLOODY JOB!!

Start 1st August. Pay rise, car, Monday - Friday. No bank holidays. Christmas off. Decent pension. Private health care.

Utterly over the moon.
                      I took great pleasure handing in my notice when i got a new job ....i also gave them a list of the ridiculous things that really should not happen

Comment

Well done Teddy! Now you just have to find a tactful way to ask your new employer to expand the company car choice to include something Japanese ;-)

Best of luck with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          I took great pleasure handing in my notice when i got a new job ....i also gave them a list of the ridiculous things that really should not happen
                          I have to wait to hand in my notice. I have to give a month but within that will be 2 1/2 weeks of paternity leave so I don't want to piss anybody off.

I also want a week off before I start to wind down and get a few bits sorted so I have to wait until next Friday to hand my notice in.

On the car front it's a 1.6tdi Octavia estate with more gadgets than a branch of Currys.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Great to hear you get paternity leave despite quitting so best to stay on their good side to save any aggro. Despite how crap a job can become and how great it feels when you quit and have something better lined up, it's good to finish cleanly.

Eastyy, I'd love to have seen that list

Comment

BestBuy E3 discount! ...But only 20% off when you pre-order 2 or more games. Take into account that games have gone up $5-$10 over the last year, and you'll realise why gaming in Canada sucks. Mario Maker is $75, with tax that's $78.75. I guess with the discount (and adding tax) that's $63, but compare that to getting Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 for $43 each when pre-ordering in 2013.

Comment

Getting my Z3 replaced after 2 weeks using an Ubuntu phone. It's not until you have to do something like this that you appreciate how much effort has gone into modern phones, making them easily useable, configurable etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X