Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alisa Vainio, a 17-year-old from the eastern border city of Lappeenranta, ran her first-ever marathon in a sports competition on Saturday. Her time at the finish line clocked in at just over 2 hours and 33 minutes, the sixth best time recorded in Finnish history. It is also enough to qualify for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro - if only she was of age. 

That's very irksome. Amazing. But Irksome.

Comment

She could have spent that same time playing Mario Maker or something.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        Whether it's true or not, it's gotta hurt that most people have heard about it and gone "yeah, that does actually sound like something he'd do."
        Funnily enough, though I dislike him, that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. Maybe it's, I dunno, reverse-classist? But the first thing I thought was "yeah, I bet that's the sort of thing that goes on behind closed doors at Eaton - rich people are mental after all".

Comment

Well, rampant buggery is all the rage at those posh schools, even Churchill himself was a renowned buggering bully in his schooldays.

Inserting one's winkle into a dead pig's gob sounds quite pass? compared to what probably goes on in these elite clubs. I dread to think tbh.

Next time I'm having pork, I'm passing on the apple sauce, though.

Comment

Customers with attitude.

Guy that has been coming in a couple of weeks has been annoying tapping away with his knuckles and pen at every opportunity. I asked him politely today if he minds refraining from it. He asked why and I said because it's annoying.
            He said 'you're ****ing annoying' to which I asked how did he deem a response that was suitable.

He then threw the pen at me and called me a ****. Banned by 9:10 am. A record.

Comment

I don't think this pig story is a manufactured smokescreen, but I do feel like we're the idiot audience watching the attractive assistant whilst the magician does lots of shady shenanigans whilst we're distracted.

The Conservatives loved bashing the Lib Dems over the head with them having to backtrack on university tuition fees, yet it's okay for them to now backtrack over free school meals, despite it being in black and white in their manifesto.

Remember when Tough Dave stood up to the EU bill of ?1.7 BILLION and said "If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another think coming"?

Well, he and George Osborne quietly paid back the bill, in full, in July. Osborne even claimed he'd halved the bill, without any facts to back it up.

So he made himself look tough for the elections, but kept quiet about paying it later.

The pig story is funny, but I get frustrated that we're happy to joke about something so trivial, whilst nobody is bothered whilst they systematically ruin people's lives with their various cuts.

EDIT: Can I have my pen back, nakamura?

Comment

The media is so pro Conservative it doesn't really matter where Cameron puts his cock as long as it's over 16.
                Last edited by nakamura; 22-09-2015, 10:27.

Comment

The Daily Mail could spin even that.

"The young lad was looking all-grown-up as he was made to strip down for the Prime Minister..."

Comment

I remember when the Mail Online described Heidi Klum's 8-year-old daughter as a "leggy beauty".

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Well, rampant buggery is all the rage at those posh schools, even Churchill himself was a renowned buggering bully in his schooldays.

Inserting one's winkle into a dead pig's gob sounds quite pass? compared to what probably goes on in these elite clubs. I dread to think tbh.

Next time I'm having pork, I'm passing on the apple sauce, though.
                      There was a recent story in the paper about a vicar's son who ran a posh boys school and perved on all the boys with camera's and the like. Turns out it was the son of our old village Vicar.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I don't think this pig story is a manufactured smokescreen, but I do feel like we're the idiot audience watching the attractive assistant whilst the magician does lots of shady shenanigans whilst we're distracted.

The Conservatives loved bashing the Lib Dems over the head with them having to backtrack on university tuition fees, yet it's okay for them to now backtrack over free school meals, despite it being in black and white in their manifesto.

Remember when Tough Dave stood up to the EU bill of ?1.7 BILLION and said "If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another think coming"?

Well, he and George Osborne quietly paid back the bill, in full, in July. Osborne even claimed he'd halved the bill, without any facts to back it up.

So he made himself look tough for the elections, but kept quiet about paying it later.

The pig story is funny, but I get frustrated that we're happy to joke about something so trivial, whilst nobody is bothered whilst they systematically ruin people's lives with their various cuts.

EDIT: Can I have my pen back, nakamura?
                        I'm just finding it funny because no matter what happens for the rest of their lives, Samantha Cameron will be grappling with that secret doubt. They probably won't talk about it, but imagine the chill in the air the first time she goes down there and both of them are struggling with Not Talking About It. It's a terrible thing, but the only person I could think of who is more deserving is IDS.

Comment

I just can't help but think of that episode of black mirror

Comment

Conservatives here in Canada were about to lose and trailing polls until refugee crisis came up.

We've had the same retrograde POS vitriolic controlling PM for a decade now. And because people are afraid of refugees encroaching their comfort they're going to vote the bastard back in power.

'PEGIDA' imps If these people were real 'warriors' they wouldn't be always attacking: the elderly; women; and children. Hell I'd gladly have one of them beat me up than another pensioner die. Cowards

Comment

People who claim they "hid behind the sofa" when watching Doctor Who as a child.

It's something all old people say

Comment

...But I did...Sophie Aldred scared me immensely.

Comment

Working...
                                X