Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand that one either! I work full time and am learning to drive and am realising that I'm gonna have sod all once I get that car on the road!

Gotta be some Paul Daniels-style 'magic'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      The ever increasing number of 20 to 30 somethings who haven't worked ever but have cars and flats. HOW DO YOU OWN AND RUN A CAR WITH NO JOB !?
      I've been employed since I was 18 (same job even), 25 now. I have neither.

Must be nice having people give you stuff for nothing though, I wouldn't complain.

Comment

I knew people who would play the welfare system and i found it very frustrating i was working and could only afford rubbish cars and never go on holiday and some people i knew had big cars and went on holiday on a regular basis.

I did know people who worked same job as me but had a lot better cars...i had a 2000 corolla and yet one guy i knew had a 2009 audi a5. Though i do think loans were involved and i really did not want to go down that path

One really major irk of mine is jobsbridge and apprenticeships ....basically working full time hours for half the pay i really think there has got to be a illegal minimum wage thing with that
        Last edited by eastyy; 03-10-2015, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          There's a postal strike? I hadn't heard.
          I hear there was some kind of delay sending out the notification letters...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            There's a postal strike? I hadn't heard.
            How can you not know?
            I sent you a letter about it.

Comment

Well this is terrifying. There is a mass shooting in USA every day. EVERY DAY! But they only makes the news when it's in a school.

Although 8000+ alcohol related deaths in the UK in 2013.... http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnat...d-in-2013.html Mostly self inflicted liver disease though.
              Last edited by charlesr; 03-10-2015, 16:29.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] YOU GUYS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Well this is terrifying. There is a mass shooting in USA every day. EVERY DAY! But they only makes the news when it's in a school.
                  "or, of course, if the shooter is a Muslim (in which case it's almost always a huge story, even if there's only one victim).

There have been so many slaughters and rampages on Barack Obama's watch that he's developed a sort of set-piece speech — expressions of grief, speculation on the senseless nature of it all, and, of course, frustration that gun-lovers and Second Amendment fanatics have managed to block or dismantle most gun control efforts."

Even Barack Obama seems resigned to the futility of changing U.S. gun laws, Neil Macdonald writes. He invited reporters to compare the numbers of Americans killed by terrorists with those killed by gun violence in the U.S. The numbers aren't even close.

Canadians are minority-hating conservatards by and large, but even they see Americans and guns as uncomprehendingly stupid.

It shows how utterly childish Yanks are about guns too when they talk about 'bad guys' and guns.
                  Last edited by usman; 03-10-2015, 17:03.

Comment

Waiting at 8am at the barbers for it to open and a drunk 40 odd year woman outside the police station opposite mithers me to drive her home for a pound. Made my excuses to her frustration. After she'd staggered off I google mapped the address she gave and it doesn't exist. Cue the theme from Saw....

Comment

Why does your barbers open so early on a Sunday?

I remember a few weeks ago I was outside mine, Sunday morning at 10 sign said it'd open then but nothing. Walked around town came back at 11 and still closed. That was after a night shift so I just went home.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Waiting at 8am at the barbers for it to open and a drunk 40 odd year woman outside the police station opposite mithers me to drive her home for a pound. Made my excuses to her frustration. After she'd staggered off I google mapped the address she gave and it doesn't exist. Cue the theme from Saw....
                        When she said "give me a ride, home. One pound?" I think it was probably just a kind of slang.

Comment

Even if it was, she'd have to pay a lot more to people very desperate

No idea why the hairdressers opens so early. Handy way of beating the queue though

Comment

Lacked self control last night and had one too many drinks. And mixed what I did drink.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                I knew people who would play the welfare system and i found it very frustrating i was working and could only afford rubbish cars and never go on holiday and some people i knew had big cars and went on holiday on a regular basis.

I did know people who worked same job as me but had a lot better cars...i had a 2000 corolla and yet one guy i knew had a 2009 audi a5. Though i do think loans were involved and i really did not want to go down that path

One really major irk of mine is jobsbridge and apprenticeships ....basically working full time hours for half the pay i really think there has got to be a illegal minimum wage thing with that
                                Seems to be getting harder and harder to attain standard things the previous generation had imo.

House was 4x the average yearly income years ago.

Now it's 7x the average combined income.

Then you watch people who do **** all get a 3 bedroom house for ****ting out 2 kids and your like... why is my quality of life lower than someone who shagged around in school and didn't do anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X