This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
    Walking down a flight of stairs and having a brain fart as you reach the bottom step, so you are unsure if you have any more steps left.

or is that just me?
    Nope, happens to me all the time. I sometimes reach the top or bottom, with no steps left, but still go through the leg raising motion despite being on a perfectly flat surface.

I'm 31 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      Well yeah, but then again it's a different word: retardant.
      And retard just means slow.

Comment

And renard means fox in French.

Comment

Impatient drivers....me going at the speed limit today and people overtaking me very fast and several before blind corners.....and the weird thing is they were all driving audi cars.

Comment

Are you still in Ireland? The crazy stuff I have seen drivers do here would scare the life out of anyone. And it is exactly that - impatience. They'll risk lives to shave 10 seconds from their to and from work journeys. A red light here appears to be a dare.

Comment

Apple Music... again. Now that I've switched from free trial to the full service all the tracks I had available offline need to be redownloaded and half of them are greyed out so I need to delete it from my music and then download it again -_-

Comment

I can't believe their music stuff is still successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Are you still in Ireland? The crazy stuff I have seen drivers do here would scare the life out of anyone. And it is exactly that - impatience. They'll risk lives to shave 10 seconds from their to and from work journeys. A red light here appears to be a dare.
                  Yeah still in ireland though have to be honest when i was staying a week in england around norwich i had seen more dangerous drivers and nears misses in that one week then i had in two years of driving in ireland

Comment

I want an XBO, but now have a mental block on paying any more than ?200 for one as Asda were seemingly pumping them out for that last week, I always miss these deals.

Comment

Was served a ?40 fixed penalty notice by the Met Police today.

Was on a site doing some training but the place was practically a building site / delivery area so there were vans, cages full of stock and skips everywhere.

I ended up parking behind a "parking convoy" just at the exit of the site. I was in the actual building about 30 minutes when I had to grab something from my car. I walk outside and as I turn the corner I see two police cars and four officers all stood looking at my vehicle.

They asked me a bunch of questions and told me that I shouldn't have parked there and point at a tiny sign. I told them that there'd been other cars there when I'd arrived and they agreed but they'd been able to move them on as their drivers had been present. They told me they had called a recovery vehicle to tow my car but, as I'd returned, they would cancel it. That'd have been another ?100 if I'd returned to my car any later.

So, the taxi drivers who were basically loitering in their cars just get told to drive away. Me, who was doing work but couldn't actually park in front of the building, gets hit with a fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        My folks live in NI and the standard of driving there is mental, noticeably worse than in England. Car crash deaths are always on the news. Overtaking on sketchy country lanes is normal, the blinder the bend, the better.

Comment

You've got to give Audi drivers a bit of leeway though for their attitudes. Volkswagon makes their cars and... it's not been a good week

Comment

MOST Audi cars have a knobhead fitted in the driver?s seat, it has emerged.

Tests in the wake of the VW scandal found that most Audi vehicles contain at least one intolerable human, usually behind the steering wheel.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: ?There?s long been anecdotal evidence that these cars contain tossers.

?They?re not factory-fitted, rather they buy the cars and then drive them around.*We were able to verify this by taking a random sample of Audi driver personalities."

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                              You make one word into a 'pariah' word and it just gets replaced by another, until that becomes the new offensive term. We need to erase words altogether, then people can't possibly offend anyone with their attempts at communication.
                              Case in point. The Spastic Society, in light of various "spaz" comments, heralded somewhat by the TV appearances of Joey Deacon on Blue Peter (which also resulted in the derogatory term "joey" to mean mentally disabled) changed its name to Scope in 1994. And what happened? Instead of kids calling each other "spaz" and "joey", they started calling each other "scopers".

Which wasn't great for my brother's fianc?e as her name is S.Cope
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                I can't believe their music stuff is still successful.
                                Purely the "ease" of access for Apple product users I imagine.
                                Google Music lets you download tracks DRM-free if you use the Chrome extension, but I wonder how many people know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X