Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arranging holidays. Trying to get a cheap deal to the Balearics in October, but it's proving a bit difficult. I think the random week we booked off work ended up being school half-term, as prices a few days before or a few days after are literally (not an exaggeration) half the price.

I'm tempted to go into town, walk into the Thomson travel agent and just tell them I want to pay, right now, for a holiday, and tell them my budget. I assume they're on commission so they might be able to offer me something.

Comment

Wait, walk into a travel agent? I didn't even know high street ones still existed.

Comment

Sky scanner + Expedia is usually what I use now.

Airbnb where available

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I wonder if they got the idea for the cafe from an awful film on Netflix set in New Orleans that has one?

EDIT: Flakes (2007)
          The funny thing about this is that the cereal caf? twins tweeted to the director of Flakes during their crowdfunding phase, to no response. They later claimed in an interview that they had a moment of completely original thought and inspiration when coming up with the idea, instead of admitting that they just copied it from someone else.

I've always hated those two anyway, from their flexible funding Indiegogo campaign to their insistence that prospective employees supply photos along with their CVs. They're the worst kind of flashy Shoreditch twit.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Airbnb where available
            This. Used multiple times. It's the future. Last one was a whole villa in Croatia for absolute peanuts compared to some crap hotel room at twice the price.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Wait, walk into a travel agent? I didn't even know high street ones still existed.
              Funnily enough, just got back, and all of them were full of - well - I want to be nice, so I'm going to say "old people". Every agent was busy but they were all serving couples who appeared over 65 (mid-morning weekday probably influenced that).

I ended up booking a place online, though after booking discovered the agency has a very mixed reputation. Still, fingers crossed.

Comment

Didn't get the job at square enix.

"Karine thought you were eager for additional responsibility and growth, but ultimately lacked the business to business experience to be successful in this position."

the job title was sales assistant and didn't mention business to business sales, it simply talked about fulfilling orders, packing them, sending them out etc. When at the interview I asked if she had any doubt towards my abilities to preform in this position to which she said "I think your only weakness would be the lack of negotiation and business to business sales experience but as this is an internship it's something we will train you on" That's when I found out the job description was rather different.

so yeah, irk'd I didn't get the job and the description was misleading

Comment

Sorry shaffy. You didn't apply through a recruiter, did you?

Comment

No, I had an acquaintance/friend in SE forward my CV and cover letter to HR.

Comment

You could have handled that better: "Ah, I didn't realise that's what the position involved, well actually while I don't have experience in that area, there was actually THIS EXAMPLE of a time I demonstrated this skill."

Is a thing I would have thought of to say about three days later.

Comment

I believe this is also an appropriate response:

Comment

Must be a global issue (gentrification) latest episode of South Park deals with that very issue

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            Must be a global issue (gentrification) latest episode of South Park deals with that very issue
                            Although it's global, I've always thought of it as something synonymous with New York.

Comment

Went googling stuff about the cursed video from Ring 2 and the amount of US The Ring Samara rubbish I had to wade through in the results to get what I was looking for was shocking. Remakes are bad for your health, kids.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                                I think maybe the protesters/rioters didn't realise they have a huge selection of American cereals, boxes of which have been sold in London for OUTRAGEOUS prices for years. Last time I was in London, I walked into a shop with a box of Lucky Charms in the window, saw that it was eight ****ing pounds, and walked straight back out again. Four pounds for a bowl with free milk is a BARGAIN.
                                Yeah prices get inflated like thrice fold. I bought a box of Fruity Pebbles at Americandi or whatever in leicester for 7 pounds.

4 pound for a bowl of cereal is still NOT a bargain, it's half the price of a ripoff eight quid box for what, 150 g/1/one tenth the box?

Hipster cereal cafes are meh and these two brothers are utter twits.
                                Last edited by usman; 01-10-2015, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X