Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap, I've had that with a DSi before but nothing more significant!

Comment

I've bought a few things from websites and had them delivered in their actual box with shipping labels on it. One was a rather expensive projector. Admittedly, they were always for the company so the box being in good nick wasn't important but what if it was?

Comment

In Japan thats a non issue. The post office here could probably deliver a carton of eggs undamaged.

Comment

I believe they could!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            I've bought a few things from websites and had them delivered in their actual box with shipping labels on it. One was a rather expensive projector. Admittedly, they were always for the company so the box being in good nick wasn't important but what if it was?
            That's nothing. Here in Switzerland if a package doesn't require a signature and it doesn't fit in the mailbox, the postman will leave it on your doorstep. Happened with a Cintiq and many other things.

Comment

What's that like? Do people nick things?

Some apartments in Japan have special lockable boxes. They're large enough to fit most things you'd want to order and the postman just puts the package in the box, sets a code then posts the code through your letterbox.

My place doesn't have that so I get most things sent to work. What I like here is that you can often choose the delivery time frame in 1 or 2-hour blocks.

Comment

Some apartments in Japan have special lockable boxes. They're large enough to fit most things you'd want to order and the postman just puts the package in the box, sets a code then posts the code through your letterbox.
                That's awesome!

Comment

I'm irked that the massive helium leak I just had happen didnt make my bosses voice squeaky while he was moaning at me

With a secondary irk being that I somehow got blamed for a split helium pipe.

Comment

No, people here think "I'm not on my front door, I don't care". The whole thing probably won't happen in bigger cities, but at first it's rather surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      That's awesome!
                      It is, but I've no idea what Japan is like for liability and stuff. If the item is damaged you can't check it until you get home.

One other thing I forgot is that Amazon at least can deliver my stuff to a convenience store and I can pick it up when I like. The great thing is we have one on the ground floor of our apartment building so I don't even have to go outside.

I usually just pay for next-day scheduled delivery. It's only about ?2.

Comment

I always paid for my Amazon purchases at the combini and occasionally picked them up there.

Comment

Misinformation.

Comment

I used to get mine delivered to my house, but then again, pretty sure my house was within a short distance to their regional warehouse. I would frequently order something at 10am, and have it arrive before 4.

Comment

I'm lucky to get stuff the same week they sent it out now, their warehouse is on the other side of the country.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Misinformation.

Yeah that last reply looks sus.

Comment

Headphone jack on my nexus5 is dead.
                                2 days of music free public transport so far and I am already feeling the urge to maim people.

Comment

Working...
                                X