Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Still never. Do I win?
    I used to go to an annual convention in Southampton called MinamiCon.

I've got some fond memories of those times:

My first ever con will always be special. Went down for the Saturday only not knowing what to expect and it was the first time Cowboy Bebop.was shown at a UK con. That. Was. Epic!!

One year I'd been to Japan with my best mates and landed on the Thursday before the con started on the Friday and we all turned up jetlagged to ****! It was very cheap to get drunk that weekend.

Then there was the year that "I'm on a Boat" by The Lonely Island was released. Pictochat was full of drawings of boats and penises that year.

It started to go "downhill" when the UK anime companies got shirty about showing fansubs meaning that less fresh, just aired anime from Japan was being shown.

I've been to a couple of cons in other places too. Aya in Birmingham back in 2000ish was a really cool one. Lost Universe debuting and a huge main video room with high ceiling meaning even at the back you could see everything.

Good memories.

Comment

4th interview went really well. The chap told me this is going to be shorter than planned, maybe 20 minutes. We were on Skype for almost an hour!

Even if I don't get the job, I'm happy that I got through 4 interviews in an industry I have no experience in

Comment

4 interviews? That’s insane!

Comment

Innit. Two is still the most I've had.

Comment

Nike outlet shop. The back bit with all the oddments. Oh god it's like crack.

£18 for a pair of Zoom Elite 9s that are amazing, they poise you to walk fast then the Zoom gets warmer making everything feel like heaven-jism on the soles of your feet. I ended up going on a drunken, stoned six mile fast walk yesterday eve after a few Oranjebooms.

Best thing was, I'd returned another pair that cost £27 and these were like £36 with the 50% discount but they rung through the till at £18 and I thought I was paying a £9+ difference but instead got reimbursed £9 for a better pair of shoes. That's awesome. Awesome.

RRP on box is £104.95 as well. Aw man. £18, wow, they are proper nice on the foot!!!

Comment

Also got a pair of Lunarcharge Infrareds in my rare size of UK 11.5 Sat before for £19.

For my trip to Filey. Lunarcharge is amazingly comfy, btw, teh treeeet for teh feeeet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                4th interview went really well. The chap told me this is going to be shorter than planned, maybe 20 minutes. We were on Skype for almost an hour!

Even if I don't get the job, I'm happy that I got through 4 interviews in an industry I have no experience in
                Good luck with this. My approach to interviews is I see them as being interviewed by me. I know Im good at what I do, I already have a great position so convince me to work for you. It either ends with me being offered the job on the spot or being told to **** off. Works for me as no bull**** and if they don’t like this approach then we would have hated each other anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                  They do 3 interviews for front desk positions at my hotel now, I only had 1 for housekeeping, then one for front desk, then (much later) one for supervisor.
                  For my teaching job I had a "conversation", then they offered me the job a few days later.

Comment

I guess they really try to filter out the "impostors". I've been very honest with them (and there are other candidates), but apparently they are very positive about me, even though I don't have enough experience "handling data".

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      It started to go "downhill" when the UK anime companies got shirty about showing fansubs meaning that less fresh, just aired anime from Japan was being shown.
                      Yeah, I heard about how that went down.

If you haven't been to one recently, most of the companies now have good relationships with the events. With online streaming being a big thing via stuff like Crunchyroll, they often show a few episodes of newer shows, because it's good advertising for them.

Comment

Good luck with this. My approach to interviews is I see them as being interviewed by me. I know Im good at what I do, I already have a great position so convince me to work for you. It either ends with me being offered the job on the spot or being told to **** off. Works for me as no bull**** and if they don’t like this approach then we would have hated each other anyway.
                        I imagine your interviews usually go like this:

Jaz: *sigh* "This isn't going to work out...."

Interviewer: "What's wrong?"

Jaz: "You're going to need a bigger table."

Interviewer: "What for?"

Jaz: "This one does not accomodate the size of my balls."

Comment

More like every question they ask I also ask.

Whete do you see this company in 5 years? Etc.

Comment

More like every question they ask I also ask.

Whete do you see this company in 5 years? Etc.
                            That's brilliant! I need to use this method

Comment

When they ask if I have any questions at the end of the interview I always bring out a small notebook. Might not have any questions in it, but they won’t know this. My last is always why should I work here - convince me to work here. Sell your organisation to me.

Comment

Jaz, out of curiousity, what is your line of work? (I hope you don't mind me asking)

Comment

Working...
                                X