No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a washing machine again! Fancy Samsung one too. Back to uncharted, too hot to be outside

Comment

Even though I honestly thought I did badly ( I messed up in the middle) I won 2nd place in a writing competition at the con I’m attending this weekend which is pretty cool.

It’s also my best friends birthday today who just texted me to thank me for the card and gift card I posted to her (we only meet up once a year and rarely get to catch up) and she’s just announced she is having a baby in November which is amazing news. She has had some very bad luck in her life in the past with work and her health and from someone who never really planned on having kids she sounds super happy. I’m so happy for them I feel I’ll, I just can’t believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        Did he beat some guy from Panama in the final?

Comment

I was watching pools sporadically throughout the weekend, and got up at 3:30 this morning to watch the finals - was f'ing great stuff. So chuffed for Problem X!

Comment

Final interview went well!

Knackered...

I don't think I can handle more of these 5-7 stage interviews for a while.

Comment

Just remember, they can't ask you to do sexy stuff as part of an interview!

...Bit late into the game to remind you I guess.

Comment

I'm hoping Zaki's first interview was like those Alan Partridge Series 1 daydreams:

My smiles:

1) I'm finally upgrading my iPhone 5S to an... iPhone 6S! Found one on a 2nd hand company's website for 150 quid. Alas, the earliest selectable delivery slot was Sunday morning. They phoned today to confirm the order. "I don't suppose you could delivery it on Saturday?". Yes, they can. Human power!

2) I have a mate who's blind in one eye and has partial vision in the other eye. We were going to get lunch this weekend when some old bat on a bike bumped into him when he didn't move out of the way in time. Because, you know, he couldn't really see her until the last minute. He hurt his hand and she made a face at us for inconveniencing her somewhat. He started ranting about people not paying attention to his blindness so I pointed out that, being a 20st white guy in Saitama, his partial blindness wasn't the first thing people noticed. I also said he should stop hoping for people to acknowledge his disability and instead force them to.

So I've just hopped on Amazon to buy him one of those white, blind dude walking sticks! It folds up, has a rubber bit at the end that you can roll along the ground to figure out the surface based on vibrations and the end section is red for 'GTFOutta my way'.

It was his birthday recently so I've marked it as a gift. We watched the Speed 3 episode of Father Ted after lunch so the birthday message says "Happy birthday from Craggy Island Parochial House".

My birthday present for him last year was a vacuum cleaner I found for 15 quid that has a light on the head for dark corners and a dust sensor which flashes another light on the handle when the floor is dirty - all he has to do is keep attacking the same spot until the light goes out meaning no more dust. Bagless, too, and in perfect condition. It's the most jealous I've ever been of someone receiving a present from me.

Comment

Don't be jealous Billy, his gift sucks (I'll get me coat)

Comment

Get him a stick that looks like Daredevil's batons. That'd be the mutt's.

Comment

I think he'd prefer one shaped like Dr. Who's willy

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        I think he'd prefer one shaped like Dr. Who's willy
                        Is that wibbly wobbly?

Comment

I was asked to come back from leave these last two weeks as work needed my help. The most productive thing I've done today is go for a poop, as I've already completed everything that needed done. I sometimes sit at this desk marvelling at the money I'm paid to do nothing at times. Never mind, back up to Scotland Friday then that's me off again.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            I was asked to come back from leave these last two weeks as work needed my help. The most productive thing I've done today is go for a poop, as I've already completed everything that needed done. I sometimes sit at this desk marvelling at the money I'm paid to do nothing at times. Never mind, back up to Scotland Friday then that's me off again.
                            Mate, I love being paid to take a dump! Sometimes I really need to go in the mornings, but I wait to get to work so that I'm crapping on company time. Time off in "loo!"

Keep living the dream!

(Before you all call me a bastard, I do at least 6 hours of unpaid overtime every week)

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              Mate, I love being paid to take a dump! Sometimes I really need to go in the mornings, but I wait to get to work so that I'm crapping on company time. Time off in "loo!"

Keep living the dream!

(Before you all call me a bastard, I do at least 6 hours of unpaid overtime every week)
                              And that’s why I keep on top of employees to make sure there are actually working .

Comment

Working...
                              X