Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irk: my stupidity. Windows 10 laptop went into tablet mode. Having never noticed this option before I didn't know what was going on or how to solve it. Google was useless. I couldn't see the desktop and was panic-fest-ing. Only spotted the option because there was a notification about something and when I looked in the notifications popout the tablet mode tile thingy was lit up. Phew! If I'd thought about it harder, I should have realised what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Irk: my stupidity. Windows 10 laptop went into tablet mode. Having never noticed this option before I didn't know what was going on or how to solve it. Google was useless. I couldn't see the desktop and was panic-fest-ing. Only spotted the option because there was a notification about something and when I looked in the notifications popout the tablet mode tile thingy was lit up. Phew! If I'd thought about it harder, I should have realised what was going on.
      My dad clicked on the icon by accident and went into meltdown trying to solve the issue. Finally came downstairs after an hour all flustered, I walk upstairs and click, problem solved. Stopped him cold doing any work s he couldn't find the bottom toolbar with all his open programs.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Stopped him cold doing any work s he couldn't find the bottom toolbar with all his open programs.
        This...

Comment

*reserved for Darwock*

Comment

Fatigue is eating my life again. Cancelled WedSNESday again because I'm just so tired. Fell asleep chewing carpet twice in a week. My daughter literally stepping over me to go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Fatigue is eating my life again. Cancelled WedSNESday again because I'm just so tired. Fell asleep chewing carpet twice in a week. My daughter literally stepping over me to go to bed.
              That's an unfortunate turn of phrase there mate.

Comment

Knackered knee again. Can't walk up stairs with out massive shooting pains and it feeling likes its going to fall apart. Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  *reserved for Darwock*
                  Oh so it was Boris at work with his creative approach to modding again then. Yes, it all makes sense now.

Edit - referring to this reply I made to charlesr's statement that PSN was down, which got moved into a separate thread.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

It's comical.
                  Last edited by Darwock; 23-02-2016, 20:43.

Comment

I hadn't realised you didn't do that yourself. I thought it was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                      That's an unfortunate turn of phrase there mate.
                      Ha! So it is! I've not laughed that much in ages!

Comment

:edit: got it

My irks, both flavour-related:

1) McD's honey and lemon milkshake. It tastes like Lockets. I guess I'm more irked at myself for falling for it but seriously, wtf.

2) Decided to treat myself and bought a rather more expensive toothpaste. The earl grey one that my gf uses is really nice so I thought I'd try that company's apple and rose flavour.

Disgusting.

It tasted like soap or air freshener. In a strange fit of masochism, I powered on through. It was so bad that I had to brush again with the earl grey one to remove the taste but that just made it worse somehow. Then I used Sensodyne which is normally boring but suddenly tasted amazing in comparison, like it was bubblegum flavour. Still wasn't enough so my next step was Listerine mouthwash which burned the flavour away.

My stomach is turning just thinking about it.

Back to Aquafresh for me.
                        Last edited by randombs; 24-02-2016, 01:03.

Comment

No! We've been conditioned to use mint toothpaste since we were young! Enough of this non-mint nonsense!

edit: although there is one Sensodyne I've had that tasted like minty vomit, it was the regular proenamel one I think.

Comment

I'd tend to agree but some non-mint toothpastes are amazing. That earl grey Clinica one is pretty spectacular. I guess it was limited edition because she stocked up and there are around five tubes of it in the bathroom cabinet.

This apple one was a 400Y mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              No! We've been conditioned to use mint toothpaste since we were young! Enough of this non-mint nonsense!

edit: although there is one Sensodyne I've had that tasted like minty vomit, it was the regular proenamel one I think.
                              Agreed, the wife though won't have any mint chocolate - After Eight, Aero Mint etc as she says it tastes like toothpaste.

Comment

My wife's favourite chocolate is Chocolatier Erika's mint leaves, so there's no danger of that kind of response.

Comment

Working...
                                X