Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you want me gone because I’m breaking this one thing but let me stay to break this one thing and I’ll go afterwards. Sound good?

Comment

Comment

I get the impression that May is worried about numbers, she probably has a slim majority, but a few MPs that had the whip removed from them are having it restored so they can vote for May, these are:

Charlie Elphicke who was suspended from the party over alleged sexual offences.
        Andrew Griffiths who was suspended from the party for sending sexually explicit text message to two women.

When you need the votes, it's okay to forgive misconduct, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          My Liz sorting it all out fantasy won't go away. I'm now imagining her walking into parliament during PMQT with an army and telling everyone to get out... etc.
          Honestly, I would love to see her march on parliament with the entire Gurkha regiment behind her and knock this ludicrous nonsense on the head

Comment

The whole whip removal thing is just... wow. Absolute gutter politics and she should lose the job for that alone, beyond disgusting a move and deserves to cost her everything she faces in the role going forward.

Comment

She won

For May: 200
              Against May: 117

But that's still over a third of her own party that wanted her gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                She won

For May: 200
                Against May: 117

But that's still over a third of her own party that wanted her gone.
                It's a piss-about. She got well over a majority.

So we had days of whining and "news" and the end result is THINGS STAY THE ****ING SAME

Comment

Where is my Akira explosion gif, its in need again...

Comment

It's not really a good win when over a hundred of your own MPs won't back you - what it does show is she'll never get the withdrawal agreement passed in parliament.

Comment

Unbelievable.

Comment

Supes, new thread title:

VicTory?

Comment

I almost changed it to Failing Upwards

It's all just become so unbearable at this point. She wins the confidence vote, so if it was a decent victory she should be able to vote on the deal - but she won't. We'll just go back to being cowards about it and pasting the last few weeks we have left.

Here's the thing. We can practically leave on 29 March no matter what if we choose but by any measure of common decency and any element of MPs remotely taking their roles seriously Brexit must be cancelled if - for no other reason - there is no way any current form of leadership can reasonably expect to leave the EU on 29 March next year and remotely stand any chance at all of being taking seriously on any level by any other country in the world. They've utterly and completely proven their inability to govern and that the only deal May can deliver is one that is focused on saving her own neck.

Comment

Just when British Prime Minister Theresa May thought things couldn’t get any worse, Britain is being openly mocked by the Swiss.

Comment

I don't think it's just the Swiss.

Comment

Brilliant. The black sheep acknowledgement.

Comment

Working...
                                X