No announcement yet.

Living History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean it says it all when they are pretending to protest oil but DRIVE IN A CAR to go protest it, or bus it in London, using OIL.

Just throw yourself off the life ride now you idiots and do the planet a favour.

Comment

I'll be honest, lads I'm a bit unsure about this.

On one hand, I think attacking things that people love is a bit of a mistake and people instantly think attacks like this are vandalism and don't help your cause, plus it's a goldmine for the tabloids, screaming "JUST LOCK THEM UP" on their front pages.

However, I also think that we need a bit of perspective.

Firstly it wasn't spray painted, it was cornflour that washed right off.
      It's raised people's awareness, even if they're talking about it in a bad way.
      People are getting more upset that a bunch of ancient stones need washing, rather than we're destroying our planet.
      The stones will last longer than the human race the way we're carrying on.
      We really do need to stop our reliance on oil, both for the planet and the hold it has on governments.

Bonus moans:
      People think Stonehenge was like that since the dawn of man. It wasn't, it was adjusted and concreted in place in the early 1920s and stood back up again in the 1950s.

Also, it's not technically a henge, which normally doesn't have any standing stones, it's a "stone circle" that has standing stones.

Comment

Working...
      X