No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane, top-notch.
    And this Friday comes the new Harry Potter, have to read that one!

Comment

I've been reading War of the Worlds. Been meaning to do so for a while and with the movie being out now I figured I'd better read the book first or I'd be picturing Tom Cruise all the time while reading .

Anyway, it's an excellent book, I'm interested to see how the movie turned out.

Comment

Almost at the end of Lovely Bones. As someone in this thread said earlier, its a lovely book, and it actually makes me feel slightly more optimistic about death.

Comment

I'm trudging my way through the last volume of King's The Dark Tower.

And, yes, grinding my way through the two volumes previous to this was a trudge of the highest order.

Comment

Song Of Susannah wasn't all that great, but I thoroughly enjoyed Wolves Of The Calla. But, for my money, the best Dark Tower book is Wizard And Glass (as the new AV will attest).

As for me, right now, in anticipation of The Half-Blood Prince I'm rereading Gobblet of Fire and Order Of The Phoenix.

Comment

Am reading Gazza's autobiography at the moment. Highbrow stuff, eh lads?

Comment

The Algebraist - Iain M Banks.
                Finding initially tough going (like many of his books), but like the rest, I'm sure it'll all fall into place soon? Anyone read Feersum Endjinn? It's like reading another language at first...

Comment

Just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson (second read - fantastic stuff - one of my all time faves - Hiro Protagonist, you gotta love it). Before that I was reading A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge.

Currently readint The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat by Oliver Sachs. Very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                    Am reading Gazza's autobiography at the moment. Highbrow stuff, eh lads?
                    Hmmm, I'm with you there Seany. My copy of Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" looks decidedly like pulp trash, compared with some of the literary choices of you lot!

Comment

I'm about to attempt to read "The Da Vinci Code" but I fear I'll never start it.

Eagerly anticipating Rik Mayall's Autiobiography though, "Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ". I really hope it DOES come out in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                        I'm about to attempt to read "The Da Vinci Code" but I fear I'll never start it.
                        Don't bpther. Its ****.

Comment

In defence of global capitalism

Comment

Just finished "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. I would reccoment it to anyone. A heart wrenching, grusome andinteresting tale of drugs, alcohol, addiction and rehab. Seriously, best fiction book i have read in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                              Norwegian Wood is his most conventional book. His others tend to skirt the lines between the real and surreal. 'The Wind Up Bird Chronicle' was my personal favourite and affected me much like Norwegian Wood did you.
                              Just finished 'Norwegian Wood' myself and thought it was excellent. In Japan the book was split into two volumes; one green and the other red (I think). Does anyone know when one volume finishes and the other starts? I was reading the complete edtion and would be quite interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                                Don't bpther. Its ****.
                                Regarding the 'Da Vinci Code'.

Jesus, almost everyone says that. I'm thinking of starting it soon; wonder what I'll make of it? It seems millions have bought it, yet thought it was ****e - word of mouths gone a bit wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X