No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge. Excellent science fiction read.

Next up for me is The Wind up Bird Chronicles. I've had it a while but Norwegian Wood really effect me quite deeply so I've kinda been saving it till I'd recovered!

Comment

I'm currently reading "teach yourself e-commerce programming with asp in 21 days", or is this only novels

Comment

Just finished Catch 22, very good novel, and i'm about to start Crime and Punishment (after the cricket finishes).

Comment

Just finished a biograph of Elisabeth I (can't remember the author) and The Third Reich: A New History. Oh and the Bob Dylan book Chronicles.

I'm now most of the way through DC Confidential - the memoirs of the US ambassador at the time of 9/11 and the Iraq war. Some of it was serialised recently. Highly recommended.

Comment

I'm struggling through Dant?'s Inferno and reading American Psycho at the same time. Next up is The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.

Comment

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, and very good a read it is too.

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast
                Just finished Catch 22, very good novel, and i'm about to start Crime and Punishment (after the cricket finishes).
                Aah, I'm half way through Catch 22! You hear so much about it, it's practically legendary, but one thing I didn't expect was such a high level of wit and humour.

Comment

Originally posted by JamFDUK
                  Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, and very good a read it is too.
                  I find that to be a very moving book. Towards the end... oh man.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                    I'm struggling through Dant?'s Inferno
                    Circles of hell and all that? I read that when they had the Botticelli exhibition on at the Royal Academy so I'd appreciate my visit more. Very heavy going. One of the hardest things I ever read. Good luck
                    Last edited by Ish; 13-11-2005, 20:16.

Comment

I've just started reading Mark Gatiss' (from the League Of Gentlemen) book "The Versuvius Club"...Its great fun!

Comment

Just finished A Feast For Crows by George R R Martin

Now reading an exciting book all about Oracle Databases WOOHOO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                          I find that to be a very moving book. Towards the end... oh man.
                          Eh, I have a feeling it's all going to go wrong. I feel quite ashamed I'd never heard of it 'til someone mentioned it a few months back. It seems to be quite a famous literary sci-fi work.

Comment

Just started reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, only a bout 3 or 4 chapters in. So far so good though.

Comment

Just started reading the Dreamers Trilogy by David and Leigh Eddings

Seems pretty good, but then again i love eddings

Oh and im also reading a superbly interesting book on the best testing scenarios for an oracle programmer ITS GGGGGGGGGRRRRREAT!!!!

Comment

I'm working through two, The Scorpio Illusion by Robert Ludlum (more typical over-the-top ludlum ) and also a collection of Lovecraft stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X