No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be reading that very soon Pete. Liked the last two. Not that well written, but exciting and the translations worked. Currently on Surface Detail - The first 2 paragraphs have been predicatbly slow albeit with some dark humour, and I'm sure it will ramp up quickly to epic proportions as usual.

Comment

Just finished The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. The book is split into three detective stories which as you read through you realise they are connected but not quite how. The "answer" is quite clever but don't expect all the loose ends to be tied up by the final page. Would recommend.

Comment

I'm about 2/3 through the final Dune book. I don't want the story to end.

I've no idea what I'll feel like reading when it finishes.

Comment

Just about to start chapter 14 of Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut. I just love the way he writes.

Comment

Bill Hicks - Love all the People

Comment

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amazing Sex.

Just because.

Comment

What's it about?

Comment

Gardening.

Comment

Just about to start Surface Matter by Iain M Banks. Love the Bankster, am sure I will enjoy this. It's the first book I've read in yonks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      Just about to start Surface Matter by Iain M Banks. Love the Bankster, am sure I will enjoy this. It's the first book I've read in yonks.
                      As mentioned above, I've just started this and I after the first 2 slow chapters, I expected it to ramp up quickly. Queue the first couple of sentences of the 3rd kicking into overdrive

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                        It's Surface Detail, and I have just started reading it as well. Love Matter, Consider Phlebas and Look to Windward so I'm sure I'm gonna love this too.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
                          It's Surface Detail, and I have just started reading it as well. Love Matter, Consider Phlebas and Look to Windward so I'm sure I'm gonna love this too.
                          [beavis]Heh, he said Love Matter[/beavis]

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                            Anyone read Song of Ice and Fire?
                            Yeah, up to halfway through book 3.

Comment

Midway through the famous Tao Te Ching by the Chinese sage Lao Tzu - the book that kickstarted Taoism as both a philosophy and, later, a religion.

Fascinating read, crammed with wisdom, paradoxes and the kind of truths that make you re-evaluate everything. It's strengthened my belief that, despite our increase in knowledge and modern wealth of information, we in the 21st century are less intelligent and certainly less wise than folk were 2500 years ago. Alas, somewhere along the way we got it all wrong...

Comment

You could watch Taoism Drunkard to improve your knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                                X