Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Some recent painting progress from my Dark Imperium set...

Comment

Lovely. Are those 40k Chaos or is the Dark Imperium a new faction?

Comment

Dark Imperium is just the name of the big 40k starter set they have now. It contains a bunch of space marines and these guys - Death Guard plague marines and poxwalkers, which are all a part of one of the chaos factions.

Comment

Wow. Those look super detailed. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Dark Imperium is just the name of the big 40k starter set they have now. It contains a bunch of space marines and these guys - Death Guard plague marines and poxwalkers, which are all a part of one of the chaos factions.
              Last I went by a gaming shop - do Games Workshop now do a 40k version of Necromunda, i.e. a skirmish game? With Space Marines? Kinda like a bigger, more elaborate version of Space Hulk? I could swear I saw some grid-based game.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Last I went by a gaming shop - do Games Workshop now do a 40k version of Necromunda, i.e. a skirmish game? With Space Marines? Kinda like a bigger, more elaborate version of Space Hulk? I could swear I saw some grid-based game.
                Are you thinking of Blackstone Fortress? It looks pretty good.

Comment

Are you thinking of Blackstone Fortress? It looks pretty good.
                  Looks cool! Though after some googling turns out I was talking about a game called Kill Team.

Comment

Looks cool! Though after some googling turns out I was talking about a game called Kill Team.
                    Ah okay, yeah, I had forgotten about Kill Team. I haven't tried it but yeah it's a 40k game based on much smaller teams. As with a lot of these games, it seems needlessly complex just for my own personal tastes.

I need 40k with the simplicity and speed of something like Sushi Go.

Comment

Ah okay, yeah, I had forgotten about Kill Team. I haven't tried it but yeah it's a 40k game based on much smaller teams. As with a lot of these games, it seems needlessly complex just for my own personal tastes.

I need 40k with the simplicity and speed of something like Sushi Go.
                      Yeah; in fairness, I used to love games like Necromunda back-in-the-day because I always found full-army 40k-style games to be too long-winded. They take half a day to play, which is fun if you're down for it. Years later I got into D&D and I realised that this was in part due to the duration, but also because as a player, you impart a lot of meaning into your D&D character, and it's the same for games like Necromunda.

Comment

They do a million games now, hard to keep track. There is like a pit style treasure hunting one looked good.

Comment

Yeah; in fairness, I used to love games like Necromunda back-in-the-day because I always found full-army 40k-style games to be too long-winded. They take half a day to play, which is fun if you're down for it. Years later I got into D&D and I realised that this was in part due to the duration, but also because as a player, you impart a lot of meaning into your D&D character, and it's the same for games like Necromunda.
                          They do still do Necromunda
                          My brother has the set & every gang released so far.

I also still have my original boxset round his house as well.

Neil

Comment

So my brother did me a doorstep delivery today & dropped me off a package which might interest some of you...some Transformers miniatures

Neil

Comment

I like that Optimus Prime comes primed but it’s a wasted opportunity that Starscream doesn’t come starscreamed.

Comment

Working...
                              X