Are you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks pal.

I'm not ignoring any advice you guys give, but I also need to do what I feel is right. Obviously i'm taking it on board which is why I decided the card was a bad idea- but only because i'd have to drop the card in myself and I didnt want her thinking I was turning up there randomly all the time- you guys were certainly right there.

I'm obviously taking advice from you guys, as well as listening to my gut- not my anxiety brain- and also from my mum who knows her and has read the complete works.

As I said, i'm not texting begging for her to come back or anything, i'm keeping it light, keeping the lines of communication open, and letting her know i'm missing them and working hard at at.

Comment

Don’t text. Bad Kirov, bad!, hits Kirov with a newspaper.

Comment

Valentine’s Day is bollocks.

That is all.

Comment

Yeah but to be fair it ALWAYS sucks. It's pressure nobody needs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Valentine’s Day is bollocks.

That is all.
            Did you listen to everyone in the thread or did you send that text?!

Comment

Rolls newspaper up 🗞

Comment

Cripes!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Did you listen to everyone in the thread or did you send that text?!
                  I think we all secret/openly expected the text to be sent. I'm pretty sure I would have text her in his place. And with his phone or it would have been odd.

Comment

I did text. It shouldnt have been a surprise to you all, I told you I would be haha.

I just said Happy Valentines, I love and miss them both. I said my CBT starts monday, and ive signed up to a talking therapy to start afterwards, and that my work has improved, and that they change dthe dress code and I can wear t shirts and listen to headphones again. That was it.

I didnt expect a response, and I havent had one. Its a hard text to answer, I didnt ask anything and she can hardly reply saying she loves or misses me because, well, otherwise she'd be home if it was that easy.

I wanted to keep the lines of comms open, and reinforce that I was still continuing my progress. Ive not contacted her other than those two texts in 9 days, so i'm hardly hounding her. I'm leaving it be for now, she needs time and I get that.

Eventually, we need to speak. We own a house together, and theres alot to discuss if she intends on going forever. And I need to know at some point if she is planning on returning or not, so I'm not being left hanging and waiting myself. I can give her all the time she needs, but I cant wait forever, that wouldnt be fair. I fully expect another couple of weeks of being alone before I find out either way.

Right now im spending my nights playing Apex Legends, and not much else. I'll end up in bed a bit sad so i'll watch youtube on the tablet for a bit until I drop off. Im not eating great. Im having a sandwich and that at lunch, but when I get in I cant be arsed to cook. Theres meat in the freezer, and food in- but I just cant be bothered. Living off cereal in the nights mostly. Occasionally ive bought an oven pizza or something when I can be bothered. Mostly just coffee and fags in work, and squash and fags in the night. :P

Comment

Been teaching overseas for 14 years. Just resigned. Heading back home to NZ to retire at 46. So yes I am happy

Comment

What timeline did I shift to that a teacher can retire at 46?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          What timeline did I shift to that a teacher can retire at 46?
                          International schools. 4 x my NZ salary. So 14 years is the equivalent of 56 years.

Plus some decent to great investments and a bit of luck.

Comment

Wow, fortunate! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Wow, fortunate! Enjoy!
                              Ill be living a normal life with normal house and a normal car. But, I'd rather that than fancy this and that but still working.

Comment

Retiring to NZ! Living the dream right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X