The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Dug this out today, serial number: 3H22A made in japan H22513 is the complete code of the plate.

Came out of a 2.5l so may be for a 6speed, i didn't even check tbh. Its only done a few thousand miles before the guys engine blew so hasn't done any work at all, needs a good refurb as its been sitting in one of more store rooms for years.

Let me know if its any good.
    Any news on this [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]?

Comment

Sorry it turns out what I thought was slip was a loose hose causing some midrange dip. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Sorry it turns out what I thought was slip was a loose hose causing some midrange dip. Thanks
        Oh right do you want it anyway if it will fit? Im just going to give it to the mechanic otherwise as its no good to me.

Comment

No thanks dude. Go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            Ohh, that's the ticket! When I was deep into buying my third car back in the late 2000's, I adored the look of the 156 and came close to buying one in silver.

Sorry to hear about your last car, had no idea you had a second ready to go though! How long have you had the 156 and is it running well?
            I've had it since... (checks logbook) ...10 years? Time flies!

After some usual "getting it out of storage" complaints it is running well now, expensive cambelt done, service done, MOT failed but on a couple of nominal 5-minute jobs, should be ready for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              I've had it since... (checks logbook) ...10 years? Time flies!

After some usual "getting it out of storage" complaints it is running well now, expensive cambelt done, service done, MOT failed but on a couple of nominal 5-minute jobs, should be ready for the weekend.
              I love that you had it tucked away, ready to run!

Although it was **** what happened to you, what a way to overcome and get over your misfortune. Hope it continues to run well and you enjoy it!

Comment

Love the colour schemes of these they look straight out of a manga.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-01-2023, 21:50.

Comment

Puncture. Got 200metres from home before noticing and pulling over.
                  1) no winder for the jack...
                  2) the space saver wheel didn't fit over my daft racing brakes... Facepalm
                  Last edited by charlesr; 14-01-2023, 21:06.

Comment

2) the space saver wheel didn't fit over my daft racing brakes... Facepalm
                    I’m sure you know this but in some cases the space-saver only fits on the rear wheels over the smaller discs (which I discovered with my type-r)
                    Last edited by Atticus; 15-01-2023, 16:07.

Comment

I actually didn't know that. I'll give it a go. Makes sense.

Comment

So if the front goes, I have to take the back off first, put space saver on, take off front and switch for the full size. How did I not think of this....

Comment

Got absolutely fleeced by Kwikfit. £55 more for the tyre than I paid a few weeks ago elsewhere (although was buying 4 last time).

Comment

Got absolutely fleeced by Kwikfit. £55 more for the tyre than I paid a few weeks ago elsewhere (although was buying 4 last time).
                            If its any conciliation i had the same thing last year, bought 2 new Michelin PS4's for the front of mine a week before holiday, hit pot hole on holiday that wasn't covered up by the local council and nearly ripped the wheel off the car, luckily the tyre took all the damage but i still had to sod around and get a replacement while on holiday, at a good £60 more than i paid the week before hand, joy.

Comment

So if the front goes, I have to take the back off first, put space saver on, take off front and switch for the full size. How did I not think of this....
                              That's it. Same happened to me and I phoned my Honda dealership thinking it was the wrong space-saver. They clued me in.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...make-supercars

We Are England

Made in England: We Make Supercars
                                "McLaren cars are synonymous with speed. We enter the fast-paced world of supercar engineering, and get a sneak peek behind the scenes within the factories that bring these luxury cars to life.

In 2011, F1 team McLaren began producing road supercars’. A decade later, we find out how the company have progressed. We discover what it takes to build a supercar through the people who make them. Although assembled in a state of the art factory in Woking, a brand-new plant in Sheffield is taking on the essential role of building their carbon fibre chassis, the foundations of the car."

Comment

Working...
                                X