No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaaw, mate!!!!! Never had a 360 as good as this, EVER!!!!!

An immediate £5k+ in terms of mental health benefits and warm-arse, lovely, honeylike pure retro pleasure.

46 might not count as a particularly significant birthday date but this is the best birthday I've had since the late-1980s!!!!!

Comment

Just stuck a 2TB Samsung QVO SSD into my PS4 Pro. Bloody hell! It's so much snappier to use; boot up, menu navigation and of course, game startup times. Like a new machine, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        Just stuck a 2TB Samsung QVO SSD into my PS4 Pro. Bloody hell! It's so much snappier to use; boot up, menu navigation and of course, game startup times. Like a new machine, IMO.
        I'm really tempted to do that, but the drive is the same price as the console!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm really tempted to do that, but the drive is the same price as the console!
            Yeah, but I have lot of games (too many) and probably some more for Xmas and the drive was getting full. I like to dip in and out of games and deleting a game to fit a new one on, then having download the patches again (at 20mbps) just play again, was a no-no for me.

2020 has been total crap, so I splurged.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Just got a 360 with the God Particle unleashed inside.

I am in Nerdvana!!!!!
              What is this?

Comment

The story of Victor Depaepe, who tested fishing rights in UK waters granted by King Charles II.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                  What is this?
                  One full of emus and ROMs and full games but I'm not sure we can talk about it? Anyway, it's amazing, best forty squid I ever spent!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    One full of emus and ROMs and full games but I'm not sure we can talk about it? Anyway, it's amazing, best forty squid I ever spent!!!!!
                    Ta, I asked Mr Google but was getting a right load of old guff.

Comment

^lol, soz for making it sound so obscure, I just didn't wanna breach the rules too much cos I know it's sometimes frowned upon talking Jolly Roger-type stuff!

Comment

Last day before I break up and I've been trying to sort out the email for the office in the Netherlands.
                        Apart from transferring hundreds of thousands of emails, one guy's laptop would not connect his Outlook to 365.
                        Finally sussed out he had a registry key set up to explicitly NOT look at 365 to get the email settings!
                        All of this and all the menus were in Dutch!

Deleted the key and "Bob is jouw oom", it worked.
                        I feel like I've run a mile - I'm spent!

Comment

This is brilliant

Comment

I think I mentioned a few days back on here at how surprised and kinda disappointed I was that HALO on the OGXB is not backwards compatible on Xbone.

So, today, I nip out from work to get some cognac for my mum's Christmas prez. On the way, I pop into the British Heart Foundation just up from Heron Foods and what do I find?

Two 360 games, £1 each, SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLIST...and HALO CE ANNIVERSARY EDITION, still in its cardboard slipcase (which was tatty but the box beneath looked new!)

How fokkn weird is THAT???!!! Seriously, sometimes I feel like my life is scripted and sometimes the scriptwriter takes the piss sometimes. I got that Halo, wow did I.

Still weirded out by it. Though it's not as good as my "Elvis has left the building" tale. That was weirder.

Also bloody chuffed at getting Splinter Cell, I have all the other games on Xbox but only had this on PS3, I've been after playing it on Xbox One for ages, it's great it made the BC list as I hear this is priddy, priddy good.

I was holding out buying it 'til it dropped to a quid and drop to a quid it did.

Finally, the cognac came in a marvellous, opulent box. Courvoisier. £28 from Moggy's.

Comment

We were watching The Christmas Chronicles last night, and there was a scene where the girl gives a candy cane to a reindeer.

Wife: I've eaten that!
                              Me: What, candy cane?
                              Wife: No, reindeer.
                              Me: ...
                              Wife: It was on a pizza. I had a reindeer pizza.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X