No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boy (3). Translating for the builders that were here just now to estimate the replacement of PVC panels with safety glass. It's almost like I don't have to bother learning the language now.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      All in size "L". Now, some of you might think "pfft, fat bastard!" but this time last year I'd have had to have bought XXL.

When lockdown is "over" and clothes shops open I'm going to have to go shopping for a new wardrobe!!
      We have been loosing weight since new year as after the wedding with quarantining from the honeymoon and Christmas took its toll. Got a Game's grump t-shirt that wasn't crazy small for the first time in XXL (actually got a vest too which ended up being a bit big). Still not officially a significant size down but none of my jeans fit me anymore, only the ones that shrunk in the wash are just about useable.

I can't wait to be officially a lower size all round and get rid of so much stuff and get a new wardrobe!

Comment

Sorry to double post.

Randomly made an offer on some old manga I have kept my eye out for a while for on ebay when I couldn't really afford it but the offer got accepted. Managed to explore the oxfam website last night too and tonight managed to buy some complete old Rumiko takahashi volumes I have wanted to read for a while (Mermaid saga) and a 2 part manga I had not heard of before.

One of my favorite hobbies is collecting manga second hand and chasing other volumes which I have not been physically able to do with lock down to 'start' these collections (I like to browse the books before I start to collect) and I have been reluctant to start anything new recently but these were such good finds I couldn't resist.

Now I just need to be furloughed or break a limb to get the time to read them!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          Sorry to double post.

Now I just need to be furloughed or break a limb to get the time to read them!
          Don't worry, it's not double posting (same thing twice).
          Subsequent posts on different things are totally fine.

Anyway, in my good news, I've been paid to break someone's leg who says she need more time to read!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I've been paid to break someone's leg who says she need more time to read!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              When lockdown is "over" and clothes shops open I'm going to have to go shopping for a new wardrobe!!
              Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              I can't wait to be officially a lower size all round and get rid of so much stuff and get a new wardrobe!
              Sound like 2 people are going to Ikea

Comment

Our first official date after the wedding was meant to be a day out in Ikea to have lunch and shop as we hadn’t been for 5 years (used to visit one monthly before moving south)

I’m dying to go to IKEA! Paid 25 quid to get a bin and accessories posted during first lockdown. Not for a wardrobe though, I built 2 of those myself over a bank holiday weekend nearly 2 years ago

Comment

Hard to know whether I’d prefer a date around Ikea or getting thrown into a pit of scorpions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Hard to know whether I’d prefer a date around Ikea or getting thrown into a pit of scorpions.
                    500 Doggs of Summer

Comment

I'd throw you into a pit of scorpions. Or snakes (I try to be flexible). No need to date me though.

Comment

Its worth it for them meatballs.
                        Seriously we need loads of new spoons and kitchen accessories that only a trip to ikea can satisfy.

Things that make me smile today - organising our manga shelves. I finished a series I found visually very pretty but I just did not like the story enough to want to keep even though its part of my CLAMP collectoon (RG VEGA) .
                        So after buying the art book I've decided to sell the manga series and with moving it off the shelves where space is premium it has made space to stop stacking some of them.

Just compiling a load of my collections/ excess weeb stuff I am looking to sell off probably next week. The money that Ebay has trickled through since November last year has really helped my bank account and helped shift stuff that's been sitting around for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          She said she didn't mind returning them, woo.

Comment

"Stop talking, I've told you, I don't need any directions on how to drive"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

"Stop talking, I've told you, I don't need any directions on how to drive"
                              This was what caused the 2004 Playstation 2 shortage.

Comment

"Going down the docks for a tug" goes back to it's original meaning briefly.

Also: getting the last Batman outfit Walmart had for the baby AND having spousal permission to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X