Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously love this clio.
    This is the second case of ducttaping passengers I have heard of in as many months.

I just love the idea of someone stirring **** on a plane and a flight attendant looking someone square in the eye saying "...do I have to go and get the ducttape sir?"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      "...then he touched my tiddies..."

In. Cred. Ible!!

Comment

The Olympics have been making me smile these past few weeks.

Been watching the fantastic BBC coverage and have been choked up a few times with the athletes performances, efforts and disasters.

Inspired me to go out for a run! Just stunning performances from so many athletes across all countries, just wonderful. Also, I’ve never wanted to visit Japan more than I have than now.

Comment

Yeah, I've really enjoyed Tokyo 2020 too, despite the pathetic BBC coverage

Mostly thinking about GB...

Been great to see a few stalwarts on, potentially, their last hurrah. J Kenny was class this morning.

Been great to see some of the perennial nearly rans finally get a global outdoor medal...Bradshaw, Muir, so thoroughly deserved. A gold for Daley was fab.

Been great to see some of the next generation too. Some great prospects for Paris 2024.

Been great to see the people I don't know much about, their drive, passion and success.

Michael Johnson as awesome as always. The Beeb should never let him go.

Loved the new additions.

Loved / hated the GB rowing collapse.

Gutted for Dina.

And...and I appreciate that I am a bad person...but kinda happy it went tits up for KJT. Great athlete, dour serial moaner.

Comment

Think you have summed it up perfectly, I've also got some enjoyment out of watching sports I never would be able to under normal circumstances like the freestyle wrestling and rhythmic gymnastics.

Comment

I've watched a fair bit of the Olympics this year - none of it on the BBC.

Too much studio based chat and not enough actual sport. Eurosport has been excellent though.

Comment

I've been after getting a magazine subscription for a bit now and I don't know why it never dawned on me, but I've now set up a subscription to Xmen.
                Ive got an omnibus ordered, some back issues and preorders coming too.
                Basically Uncanny Xmen has ended and I've got everything from the new run of just 'X-men' coming. I'm very excited Neo!

Comment

Olympics has been very enjoyable. I’m sad that it’s over. The Beeb coverage has been good, no matter what the whingers on here say. Michael Johnson is excellent and should be retained at all costs.

It was a games where I expected 40-50 medals, but they surpassed that. A few pieces of bad luck (the World Champion shooter isolating, the lasses getting smashed up in cycle crashes) and some iffy coaching/mentalities (all the 4th placed rowers, the 3 taekwondo defeats in the last 10 seconds) stopped it from being even greater. Excellent from those who stepped up to the plate in other sports.

Personally I’d get rid of stuff like golf, tennis and football from the Olympics. The new events are far more fitting.

Comment

It's not even a real Olympics Games unless someone fights a tiger and men in sandles race in chariots

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Personally I’d get rid of stuff like golf, tennis and football from the Olympics.
                      Agree 100%. You can practically smell the different mindset from the pampered millionaires of these professional sports, who seem to approach the Olympics as a PR/marketing opportunity, and the people from more grassroots/amateur sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        It's not even a real Olympics Games unless someone fights a tiger and men in sandles race in chariots
                        someone punched a horse dose that count?

A German coach who appeared to strike a horse with her fist during the modern pentathlon is thrown out of the Olympics.

Comment

To be honest, the horse sounded like it was being a dick. I don't know why they kept it around if it refused to jump prior to this incident.
                          Not condoning punching a horse. Although, really, how much damage can you do to a horse with a punch?

Comment

Had to go into Central London today.

Gorgeous weather, work paid for travel, work paid for lunch and I couldn't actually do the work I was expected to as the site wasn't ready.

So I walked back along the Thames for a bit, through Borough market (oh my I could have gotten fat again!!!), enjoying the sun and the ambience. Train back wasn't too busy (kept my mask on though).

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              To be honest, the horse sounded like it was being a dick. I don't know why they kept it around if it refused to jump prior to this incident.
                              Not condoning punching a horse. Although, really, how much damage can you do to a horse with a punch?

Ask Mongo.

I reckon the horse was just embarrassed from having a crying woman sat on him. And some horses were made to dance to Phil Collins. I don't blame them for going on strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                Daughter got her first GCSE A* today, chuffed to bits.

Not bad for a thirteen year old.

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                ...and twelve months later at the ripe old age of fourteen she gets an A* in Japanese A Level.

'Chuffed' is an understatement.
                                ...and today got the the GCSE's,

1 x 6
                                2 x 7's
                                3 x 8's
                                3 x 9's

plus an 8 from last years RE which in her school is done a year early.

Chuffed and also broke...

Comment

Working...
                                X